Pizza chains

You just randomly happened to pick the one city in Washington I have to spend 1-2 weeks out of every year in? Stop stalking me!

Good to know they have the sausage. I love longanisa, so maybe I can develop a thing for odd sounding sausages that all start with the letter L.

So is Round Table sui generis, or is there some geographical area in which their type of pizza is standard? I’ve never seen anything like it from other pizzerias, myself. It’s I dunno, thick thin crust cooked extra well done with those knurly little flour balls or whatever they are stuck to the underside. Since they have no branches out my way, on those rare occasions I’m in California with nothing better to eat than pizza it’s almost a treat for me.

What the hell is linguica?

/southern

No idea, but a buddy of mine from New Hampshire was pissed as fuck that she couldn’t get it on her pizzas here.

We should go to the northeast and scream loudly for sweet tea.

Thanks for the heads up on “linguica”. It’s always useful for me to know new fancy ways of saying “pork” or “sausage” or “bacon”.

Last year I went to a fancy dinner being hosted by a big company. I knew enough not to eat the bacon-wrapped steak, but what I didn’t know until I looked it up on my phone is that even the salad course had a new fancy pork item.

By the way, if any of you haven’t tried Pizza Hut overseas, you should give it a try. When I first came to the U.S. in the late 80s, I was quite shocked to discover that the pizza at Pizza Hut is so different than the pizza at the chain overseas. I’ve tried it in Scotland, England, France, Qatar, Pakistan, and U.A.E, and the taste of the pizza was pretty consistent in those countries, and way better than the pizza in the U.S.

Rock8, I’ve had Pizza Hut in several countries as well, the strangest being Egypt, where the toppings were very, very different. I agree with you, we have the best Pizza Hut places here in the States.

You sure about that, Skipper?

Wow, completely misread his statement then. But that puts me opposed. I didn’t like non-US Pizza Huts at all. For the most part, I didn’t like any of our chains outside the US with a couple of strange exceptions: McDonalds seems to allow enough leeway that they can have a different menu that isn’t horrible, and strangely, KFC in Asian countries, which is like a crazed flavor infusion on top of what we think of as KFC.

At least, those were my experiences.

I’ve got California covered. Stupid Carl’s Junior. Would it be so hard to learn from Hardee’s?

-xtien

I’ve never understood the concept of ‘sweet tea’. I mean, all of my life, iced tea was sweetened. So much so that tea that wasn’t, was specifically ‘unsweetened iced tea’. Then here I am in Florida and it’s all about sweet tea. Was iced tea down South mostly unsweetened for a long time?

It’s a whole lot easier to put sugar into an iced tea than it is to take it back out.

But I’m fine if you want to have a “When I get old, I’m moving North and driving slow” bumper sticker.

I don’t know but about 60% of the time I ask for tea down here I get it sweet. And I hate it sweet, so… :/

But my very Floridian mother and grandmother drank unsweet tea exclusively, so maybe it’s those damn Yankees bringing their sweet tea on us.

Just kidding though, my Georgian aunt and cousins don’t understand unsweet tea. As though it never existed for them until they came here.

Commercial brand sweet tea is everywhere in supermarkets in the northeast. Disgusting stuff…

Yep, Snapple is sweet tea. Just cloyingly sweet. There is really great bottled unsweetened tea, but it can be tough to find.

I like Oi Ocha and similar imports.

For some reason American green iced tea vendors insist a) keeping it thin, b) sweetening it to death, and c) adding disgusting ginseng. While most of the black iced tea is practically lemonade, even when it’s not sold as “half and half”.

Re Snapple, yeah, it’s mostly godawful, but their peach-flavored tea isn’t bad because it conveys some authentic-seeming prickly-fuzzy peach flavor. You do have to drink it very cold because they add way too much sweetener, just as you say.

It’s rare these day for me to want iced tea. When I do, I take loose tea or tea bags and put them in a pitcher full of water. A day or two and you have a decent cold brewed tea.

I do love Snapple diet peach iced tea. I buy it then dilute with 2 parts seltzer to 1 part snapple and it transforms into a delicious peach spritzer.

That shit is so god damned good.

It is indeed good. Strangely better than most any other peach tea I’ve had, and I’m not sure why?