Pizza chains

For the most part, a lot of places have decent tasting chicken sandwiches these days. Things have changed greatly for the better in that regard.

Stusser I don’t think I’ve been to a Wendy’s in about that same length of time. Or at least since salads were new on their menu. 90’s?

Y’all are weird… I’ve probably been to all of the major nationwide fast food chains once in the last year minimum…

Or maybe I’m just fat

In the last year-ish:
Taco Bell - Lunch/Dinner
Chic-fil-a - Breakfast/Lunch
Arby’s - Lunch
Bojangles _Breakfast/Lunch
McDonald’s - Breakfast

I would have more on that list, Armando, but for lunch we eat out as a group and most people want to sit down for that. So the choices are usually local restaurants, not fast food. At home it’s the same for dinner or brunch when we eat out. Rarely is it fast food.

Related to this thread I’ve had pizza delivery only once in the last year (Dominoes.) But I’ve eaten out at local pizza joints probably 6 times over the last year.

I guess it depends on what you qualify as fast food. Would you include a ‘fast casual’ like Panera?

But I have had Wendey’s, Chic-fil-a, Portillos, Culvers, and maybe a few local places that are borderline if they qualify, like El Famous Burrito. We really don’t eat out much at all, maybe once a month, usually while travelling.

I live in NYC, so there’s no need to get franchised fast food. I guess I went to Chipotle maybe 2 years ago, if that counts? And Starbucks of course, when under duress.

Fast food joints in NYC are filthy and just disgusting. You’ll find bums furiously masturbating in the bathrooms and junkies nodding off in the corners. Dirt is caked on everywhere. It isn’t like Mickie D’s or Taco Hell in the suburbs where it’s cheap unhealthy but not actually stomach-turning eats.

If you want cheap eats in NYC you hit up a papaya dog, or $1 pizza, or 6 for $2 dumplings, or a halal chicken and rice cart. Or you stop by your local bodega and get egg and cheese on a roll.

I loved getting out of work at the bar around 4AM and going to the Papaya dog for half a dozen hotdogs and a papaya drink. Better than any steak dinner.

Well I don’t know about that, but a well-done dog at Grey’s Papaya is a beautiful thing.

Let’s say, that’s how it feels while intoxicated at 4AM.

Mellow Mushroom is good. Can back that one up as well.

Here in California’s Central Valley you can get linguica on a pizza, and yea, there are a lot of portugese here.

Around here we usually get Me-N-Ed’s Pizza, a local thing I think. They are currently putting walls of beer tappers in their restaurants. I also like Round Table. Truth is I will eat almost any thin crust pizza so it has to be truly bad for me to not like it.

In Brazil, one variant is specially popular, the linguiça calabresa or simply calabresa, prepared originally with Calabrese pepper (nowadays with South American pepper) by Italian immigrants and particularly used in pizzas as a spicy sausage.

Interesting how cultures mix. My grandfather used to bring home calabresa all the time. Spicy and very tasty.

Nah, the ones I’m talking about you can’t even find pictures of. They were breast meat with a dark brown breading with pepper. I know they have some reach since the only other person that remembers them is a friend of mine from Tennessee. I think the one you found is the thing they replaced them with.

Wendy’s spicy chicken is the closest thing that still exists and they’re still pretty darned good.

As someone who used to make the chicken at Wendy’s I thank you. We had to press the chicken into the coating real hard to make it even thickness. It was, and still is, cooked in a pressure fryer. Fast and crispy. Put it this way, I worked there and I ate it myself. Unlike the chili, which I also made.

Every time I go to Mason City, which is the closest Wendy’s to me, I go out of my way to go there and get one.

And it is out of the way, but that doesn’t stop me.

I must not have had them or don’t remember then. Sounds like something I would like though.

The only pizza I ate in the US when I visited earlier in the year was at Uno Pizzeria & Grill, and I’ve got to say, it was delicious. It was only a small deep dish to go with some other food we ordered but I was very impressed with what struck me as a chain place. How this measures up to other joints, I’ve no idea!

Edit: and here Pizza Hut is extortionate. My girlfriend and I walked into one recently, for the first time in years, got seated by a waiter and given a couple of menus. I saw the prices and we walked. No fucking way. I can’t remember the last time we had a Dominoes, they scarcely register on my radar. We usually eat pizzas from local takeaways and the quality varies, but we have this one place that, while not amazing, gets the balance about right between cost and quality/taste for delivered food.