Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

I just saw this for the first time and was bored out of my mind. So do I have no taste, or is that an acceptable reaction?

I haven’t seen it in years, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t hold up very well.

Unacceptable. I haven’t seen it in ages, but I remember it being pretty funny.

“Here’s an idea: when you tell a story, have a point.”

No taste, dude.

“Those aren’t pillows!”

Yeah, definitely no taste. Steve Martin flipping out because he can’t rent a car is one of the priceless scenes in cinema.

Erik J.

EDIT: Oops, nevermind. Wrong thread.

Another vote for no taste.

“Her first baby came out sideways . . . she didn’t scream or nuthin”

Yeah… this is one of my favorite christmas movies.

No taste!

YOU’RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!

How does he know where we’re going?

It’s a Thanksgiving movie. It’s THE Thanksgiving movie.

And ‘no taste’.

I"ll see your “no taste” and raise you a “no sense of humor” plus a “heart is three sizes too small.”

They’re drunk!

Plus, it has one of my favorite lawyer jokes:

“Anyone who’d pay 50 dollars for a cab would certainly pay 75.”
“Not necessarily. Alright. 75. You’re a thief!”
“Close, I’m an attorney.”

Arise ancient thread! Anyone else watching this today? :D

I’ve seen it probably 20 times. Comedies like this are what is missing in todays world.

Far and away John Hughes best movie. The end reveal is so sad. :(

John Candy’s “easy target” speech at the motel is great, too.

…since 1996. Otherwise, there are at least 3 earlier films that blow this out of the water.

I was at Thanksgiving with some new friends and they have an annual tradition of watching this. I had only seen my twice, and my sister and hubby and never seen it. (They don’t own a TV and my sister shuns pop culture). My god I had forgotten how funny it was, and my sister laughed hysterically.

We were on a military base and as I took off and head into a sea of closed lanes and do not enter signs. I turned around passed by their house and they were still out front. Needless to say as soon as we stopped to ask directions, they immediately yelled YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY, it was a classic moment.

Where can you currently stream this movie? I haven’t seen it since 93, and this would be a great time to see it again with family. Is it on Hulu or Netflix or HBO Go?

We watched on DVD, so I’m not sure.