Planescape Torment Question: Why is there no armor?

Planescape Torment just got bumped up a few notches on my to-play list.

Updated my journal.

Actually I think you can put Dustman robes in there, but it’s strictly a disguise with no stat or armour benefits.

After everyone and their brother told me the same thing, I got my hands on a copy of it.

I couldn’t get the sound to work under XP and the first (silent) 10 minutes of wandering around some mortuary were boring as sin.

I can’t see what all the fuss is about.

The writing is brilliant with excellent story and characters. I still think about it from time to time and I haven’t played it in years. It’s a wonderful trip. Get it to work and play it.

There’s a way to copy all of the CDs to your hard drive so you don’t have to do a lot of swapping. I’ve heard this fixes some other glitches too. I don’t have a link, but googling will hone your reflexes and purify your spirit.

there is a 2.99 update on xbox live that adds immortal armor.

Actually I think you can put Dustman robes in there

TNO can also put on a Zombie suit

What’s cool is that the paper doll image in the inventory and the portrait on the main screen reflect the changes in his dress.

Nick, I would say one of the best things about the game is the quality (and quantity!) of the writing.

Torment suffers from a really boring starting area, because you don´t know anything and the first 1-2 hours are mostly fed-ex quest and learning the alien concepts of the planescape setting, which isn´t all that much fun.

I ditched the game at first after playing for a while too, and tried it again later, got completely hooked and played it nonstop till the end.
No sound is crappy though. It works fine on my xp install without any fiddling, so I don´t know what to do there.

Basically because of all my favorite games, none are RPGs. Haven’t played any Black Isle games, though. Didn’t care much for Knights of the Old Republic. Aren’t Black Isle and Bioware the same people? Has anyone seen them in a room together?

All right, all right! Just ordered a copy. Will you stop yelling at me even if I don’t like it? :)

NO I’LL YELL LOUDER.

(hope you like reading)

If you’re not really into RPGs, then this game probably won’t be to your liking very much. On the otherhand, in some ways it plays more like an interactive novel than a typical RPG. There’s a lot of reading and not much monster-bashing and loot-collecting.

The soundtrack is also great and is not to be missed.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/planescape-torment-19/planescape-torment-faq-and-links-no-spam-30280.html

That’s certainly what the headcrab said…

Black Isle published the Baldur’s Gate games, which were developed by Bioware. Other than that, not the same people. And if you haven’t played either Fallout (1 or 2) or Planescape Torment your opinion on RPG’s might still change.

Also: best voice acting ever.

No armor at all? I could have sworn that Grace and the tiefling chick could switch out their armor in some places in the Upper Quarter. They wear leather thingies.

No armor for The Nameless one. Others do have armor, and some that can be bought. The fact that NPCs have armor, but you can’t makes it even odder.

Just in case anyone is/was wondering, Planescape: Torment is one of the best computer games ever made. In some ways, it’s more Fallout-y than Fallout.

You have to admit that PS:T could have a used a Bloody Mess perk, though. ;)

Note that the armor available for Grace and Annah doesn’t change their appearance in the slightest. They’re just a stat upgrade.