Planet Coaster - Rollercoaster Tycoon with Frontier Development

Do you like building theme parks? Do you like adjusting and modeling rollercoasters? Like, a lot? Then $12 is definitely worth it. The game is probably the best amusement park freeform sandbox ever.

If you’re looking for business stuff, more on the “tycoon” side, then maybe not.

It’s not a good tycoon game but look on YouTube for some fantastic park creations. I have plenty of tycoon games so I’m quite happy with it.

I was a big fan of RCT 1 and 2 but never got into 3 and it’s been a long time since I played them. I guess I’ll hold off for now. I’m sure it will go on sale again soon.

It’s worth $12.

I paid about 11. I get frustrated sometimes (there’s some messed up pathing), and surprising short-coming but there is fun to be had.

“Studios Pack” DLC announced. $10.99 on March 27th. Rides, scenery bits, etc all based on a Universal Tours style theme.

Everyone will get a free update around then that adds hotels for guests, underground pathing, and player triggered day/night.

This game needs some major managerial content. It’s kinda boring if you don’t like constructing stuff from scratch as there’s no challenge to the game. Not sure if the upcoming patch addresses that at all.

Reddit really likes the new Studios pack… May have to give this a shot. I skip the adventure one, but I’m almost in the mood to build a new park…

Did it add any managey type stuff? or more pre-made scenarios?

Vintage Pack announced. Old-timey theme park bits and scenery. The free update that comes at the same time will include self-serve vending machines, a Mouse Hunt coaster, and the ability to set up groups of stuff in the editor.

Wish they’d add more management and deeper sim elements.

Anyone know if they do visual culling? I’d like to get my scenery ratings up, but not kill my game performance due to so many items being posted. I could do a small group of static items that lie on top of each other, like 80 rocks you can’t see covered with nice foliage you can. But it if it’s going to render 80 rocks it kinda nullifies the point.

Their approach to scenery reminds me of Office Space flare, and I hate it. Not sure about the visual culling/ rendering though.

Been playing this a lot lately as it’s a “summery” type of game.

Actually surprised myself for once. While I still build crappy (jerky) coasters, I have figured out how to build structures nicely. I don’t know why things suddenly clicked. Just wish I had a Cray supercomputer so I could load up my parks with max rides, scenery, and 10k people.

The true sequel we’ve all been waiting for.

The most ambitious content pack for Planet Coaster to date, Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters includes:

● A fully-voiced, narrative campaign featuring the voice talents of Dan Aykroyd and William Atherton.
● A new interactive ghostbusting ride, The Ghostbusters Experience.
● A new, Slimer-themed kiddie coaster, the RollerGhoster.
● Classic Ghostbusters characters such as Raymond Stantz, Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and a few surprises!
● Authentic scenery pieces and sounds straight from the 1984 original movie, including the Ghostbusters HQ, Spook Central, ECTO-1 and Ray Parker Jr’s classic Ghostbusters theme.

Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters will be available to purchase from Steam or the Frontier Store for £12.99 ($14.99, €14.99)

I feel bad that I had to look up who William Atherton is, and I feel bad that my only point of recognition was “Oh, the dickless guy!”

He was also in Die Hard!

I realize that now, but at the time I didn’t know his name off the top of my head.