Planet Earth II: Same planet, bigger camera

Xbone S is only $250 now. That’s pretty cheap. I checked Amazon and there is this for $237

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UBD-K8500-Wi-Fi-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B01A9V6OI6

I dunno, until UHD Blu-Ray players are well under $200 it seems like an Xbone S is a better deal for what you get, and will probably be more up to date as a player over time, too.

(Note that they JUST, like literally just this week, patched the Xbone to do digital audio out over HDMI finally, so Atmos and fancy high bitrate digital audio can be sent to receivers properly. I think that was the last remaining serious complaint about it as a UHD Blu-Ray player.)

Nice to see that 4K finally has its ‘killer app’.

Hopefully this will spur sales, which will spur more 4k bluray releases, and lowering of prices on those releases. Which, hopefully, will spur more sales, which will bring on 4k bluray to places like your local Redbox.

This is so, so goddamn good.

It is absolutely 4k HDR’s killer app. $250 for an Xbox S to see this, in full 4k HDR (and really, let’s not kid each other… OLED…) glory is completely worth it.

The whole family was sitting in front of the TV, transfixed, mouths agog, ages 40+, 40+, 8, 5, and 5. Let me tell you that is tough to pull off.

I can’t believe I put off watching this on Netflix until now. It is intense, beautiful, dramatic, funny, and sad. Amazing.

Question - has anyone with a 4K TV watched the Netflix 4K version?

It’s not on Netflix over here any more, so no. It’s going to be the first thing I play once I get my XboneX though.