Planet Zoo from Frontier Developments

You can. There was even a big “Add to Wishlist” button in the email.

Not for me…

Odd that it doesn’t show up at all on the Planet Zoo main page, nor under DLC.

I typed “planet zoo” in the Steam search box. The “Planet Zoo: Aquatic Pack” was one of the results. Guessing it is mistakenly listed as a standalone game right now.

Nah, it definitely says it’s DLC. I guess steam just doesn’t list unreleased DLC under the DLC tab of the base game.

I have no idea what they’ve done to mess up this particular DLC’s listing, but that’s not it either. For instance, the now-delayed upcoming DLC for ETS2:

I’m thinking of getting this to play with my son since it is on sale at Humble. How much does the DLC enhance the game? Is it something that just gives a bit more variety or does it make a big difference?

I don’t have it but I’ve followed it since it came out. In my opinion the bass game has a lot to offer, and I would not think any of the DLC is required. I don’t think you would feel like the game was incomplete if you purchased the base game only.

K, thank you

I think I’ve decided this isn’t for me. Boy this game is beautiful and has so much charm, but I just find the controls awkward and the building tedious. Everything just felt like a chore. I can definitely understand people more creative than myself getting enjoyment from building beautiful zoos, but I’m more of a systems driven player. While there are a lot of systems using them feels like work to me instead of me feeling like I’m solving fun problems. Maybe I’m ‘playing it wrong’?

Question for those who enjoy it… Is it more the creative aspect and admiring the beauty of the creations you make, or do you enjoy the gameplay aspects more?

This is EXACTLY right. The developers have never cared about getting putting a decent interface together, nor making editing fun. I think I’ve decided I’ll just download premade stuff from the workshop and focus on watching animals and trading. That’s what I find most fun. Building the zoo should be the best. Instead it’s the worst part of the game.

What games modes did you enjoy - campaign, franchise, etc…?

I just picked this up and am enjoying franchise mode, but the building controls are hard to get used to, especially with tunnels - I’m putting all of my staff buildings underground, and the camera pops out of the tunnels frequently with no way to get back to my work area other than going all the way back to the tunnel entrance. The guests sure do like not having staff buildings around though, and I can tighten the spaces above ground better with less guest walking between exhibits and guest services, so it’s worth it, but remains a pain to build.

My big issue with the tools was laying down paths and not getting them to properly align/connect to buildings, often with no clue why it wasn’t working. Tearing apart the structures in the campaign left me no more enlightened after I tried to duplicate what they had done and couldn’t.

Some day I’ll get back to this.

Both.

Another DLC pack:

I guess it’s good this is still getting stuff.

I don’t poop on many, but this one gets mine. I had such hopes, but the UI and tutorial were the worst I’ve experienced. Big nope from me.

Still cranking out DLC.