Planet Zoo from Frontier Developments

Obviously that should be “Took me”. The keys are like right next to each other.

Can anyone tell me if the performance has seen any updates for this? I last tried it over the Xmas holiday and ended up overheating my processor, I’ve been afraid to go back since but I’d really like to play it…

I’m playing through the scenarios with my kids and about once/week our saved games end up corrupted. I suspect it has to do with an animal about to have babies. It’s annoying as hell… crashes to desktop and my kids get super disappointed. I try to save regularly to avoid those issues but now it looks like we will lose a few days of work.

Planet Coaster is a lot of fun. I would’ve have preferred more business in this coaster simulator, but it certainly gives that Theme Park Joy more often than not.

I just picked that up today in a sale but need to watch the tutorial videos about building the coasters. I did load one of the scenarios and show the girls. They thought it looked great and then were suspicious when I failed to immediately understand how to build a coaster.

Play around with it a bit. After awhile, I just found it so much better than the other builders I’ve used in the past… especially the the auto-complete. I don’t think I want to exist in the world of building without auto-complete anymore. The only thing I don’t like about coaster building is the themeing… i mean you can spend eons building it and making it pretty which is fun but in the end I felt like just throwing stuff on there to get my points.

And of course the really cool coasters are like free build mode but still cool to “ride” on YouTube.

This update will add a variety of requested features, including rare color variants of animals (such as approximately 6% of jaguars being black jaguars), vending machines, improved staff and food management pages, a new sandbox map, and more.

Plus the Australia Pack DLC.

My #1 request would be for infrastructure to either a) not negatively affect visitors, or if they insist it must b) allow things that block line-of-sight to actually block line-of-site. That was my biggest gripe at release.

I need to get back to this at some point. I still have to finish the scenarios (tutorials) so I can start the real game!

I’ve started playing today for the first time with my toddler. I can run the game at high settings 60 FPS 1080p in the tutorial mission.

The problem is when zooming the guests, it seems as if their animation were capped at 30 FPS or less, especially when they run or are in a staircase.

The animals animation looks fine, only the guests.

It is the intended behaviour or some configuration that I can change? It’s minor but itches me.

Does it only happen with crowds, or with single individuals as well? Not sure if they’re using animation LOD, or if your video card just can’t handle that many animations at once.

One thing to keep in mind, is these games (Planet Coaster as well) stress both the cpu and the gpu out like mad. Even when zoomed in, with a large park and lots of guests, the game becomes extremely cpu limited.

RTX 2070 Super and Intel 9700k. The game runs at 60 FPS or more (capped at 60 because as you said it stress both my cpu and gpu).

I think is something to do with the engine, because animals and zoo employees animations are just fine… but visitors animation are… weird.

I can live with it only wanted to know if is there a way to change this behaviour.

Thanks anyway!

Sorry I couldn’t help.

No worries!

I’ve been watching some gameplays videos in youtube and it seems it’s normal. It’s just the way the game handles crowds.

More stuff.

I wish they had gone for Sea Otters instead of Giant Otters. Sea Otters are much cuter and much more fun.

=O
https://reefnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/14-Giant-River-Otter-with-Catfish.jpg

I love giant river otters. They make really interesting sounds and have complex social behaviour. Here is a poorly shot video of a (wild) family of them running around land that I got in Brazil and they have very… interesting personalities!

I wonder if Frontier has any plans to port this to consoles like they did with Planet Coaster. This type of game would be fun to play on a big screen with the family watching.

I’m hoping it gets ported. I would assume the decision to port would depend on how well Planet Coaster sales do on Console.