PlanetSide: TeamSpeak

TeamSpeak is brilliant. I can’t imagine playing PlanetSide without it. Not only is it invaluable for squad tactics in-game, it also functions as a neat PlanetSide player monitor – I’ve decided to leave it running in the background, and when it looks/sounds like there are plenty of squadmates online, I’ll jump in too.

A couple of times over the weekend I left it on after I was too fragged-out to play any more, because sometimes it’s just fun to listen to the squad chatter. It’s like being tuned in to a military radio frequency :)

The most amusing thing that happened with TS is when someone’s kid popped on and started singing.

So while I was alone and defending a tower, I was being serenaded by a kid singing “hey now, get your game on, you’re a rock star”.

I agree that it makes a fine player monitor too.

Boy do I get a kick out of listening to Gary on the microphone :P

Where are you from again?

Unfortunately neither McMaster nor I have the thickest Southern accents, or we could entertain everyone. I guess BDog has a pretty smooth drawl, where’s he from?

I like Charlie Delta’s thick, Canadien impression of Bob and Doug McKenzie. That’s good stuff, you hosers.

We need to get Sunim from the Wanderers to play. He had a particularly think Texas accent I believe.

What’s the teamspeak server address? Or where can I get it if you don’t want to post it here?

England, although living in the US for eight years has done weird things to my accent.

I don’t suppose one of you is from Arizona? I swear one accent I heard sounds just like that of an American exchange student I know.

Traditionally, asking for the connection info in Qt3 outfit chat has been the preferred method. I don’t remember who’s controlling it or if I’m allowed to share the info on the forum.

I PM’ed him the info.

I’m from Arkansas, so whenever you hear “y’all”, it’s probably me talking. I do have a pretty thick Southern accent, but it’s nowhere near some of the mumbleing I’ve heard from Alabama or Georgia native.

Since we’re laying claims to accents, I’ll need some of the dibs on ya’ll.

San Antonio here.

The only accent I have is that I curse a lot.

Yeah, I have that “God dammit, dead again” accent.

I’m an Air Force kid so I have no real accent to speak of.

ummm…thats not an impression. I actually am Canadian. I sound like that all the time. :P

Hey, at least my voice is distinctive enough that you all know who’s speaking without me having to continually say “This is charlie…” I guess me and gary have it good that way. 8)

I’m in Dallas, but don’t really have an accent… tho I do say “y’all” and “fixin” from time to time,

ummm…thats not an impression. I actually am Canadian. I sound like that all the time. :P

Hey, at least my voice is distinctive enough that you all know who’s speaking without me having to continually say “This is charlie…” I guess me and gary have it good that way. 8)[/quote]

And Archeos, the Swedish guy. :)

Yes, who could possibly mistake my horrible accent for anyone else.

I can really only recognize CharlieDelta, Kalle, and Gary. Then I feel like a dick for not recognizing anyone else when they want to gun for my tank. :lol: