Plastic Straw Bans

Jellied eel. Pickled is too fancy.

Have you ever had eel pie? Yummy.

Woops, you’re totally right.

I’m also now feeling guilty for picking on England due to, um, reasons.

Come for the jellied eel; stay for the spotted dick.

I think all the travel books suggests I have to order water carefully or I’ll wind up with that sparkling eew.

Just get tap water. It’s perfectly good and free.

I look forward to the privilege of one day drinking tap water over there. For now. I’ll look at reusable straws and biodegradable straws here.Hopefully Caprisun will have a solution too. The visiting kids love that sugar colored water.

Jesus Christ.

In California whenever we have a drought they do usually wait for you to ask. But when not in a drought they revert to just bringing it to the table.

And you might even try the food.

. . . so, they always wait for you to ask?

Look on the bright side. When they split California up into 3 states at least two will have no water at all. :)

No 345

IZ JOKE ABOUT NEVERENDING DROUGHT YOU HUMOURLESS BOUMER*

* I am using British U’s today out of solidarity.

Last nights news mentioned that the LA Met Water District is willing to foot the bill for Gov. Brown’s tunnels to bring water from the north to the south.

Hell, if they had to I believe LA would just buy Northern California.

And peouple keep saying you have nou sense of humour.

I think this highlights the problem with the drinking straw “ban” for me. I started reducing my usage of straws a couple years ago and began encouraging my friends and family to do so, too. It just seems like a good thing to do without much effort. In the last six months I’ve seen an avalanche of support for the idea from corporate America, which at first I was happy about but is increasingly looking like a hysterical rush to be first in line at the Hey We’re the Good Guys fair.

And the worst part is, the drink lids will still end up in the ocean anyway, where they are listed as an equal threat to wildlife as straws.

The fact that people are conscious and want to reduce plastic use to save the oceans is great, but we have to actually do something about it, not skip the straw with our daily iced mocha.

It reminds me of the “slacktivism” term. You can feel like you are doing something, while actually not doing anything at all.

AKA Thoughts and Prayers™