Play by Forum: Hexplore It - The Sands of Shurax

I think that’s still okay. It’ll take us a turn to get to the mission site and then we gotta camp there and roam after.

Ouch. Let’s get the hell out of this town!

I believe you will have collectively 29 gold to work with - the 2 left over, 11 each for our skilled entertainers and 5 for…whatever Chimminy is doing. :P

Assume you’ll want to drop some coin on healing Akbar, but that will only require 1 gold: the Bath House heals all vitals and costs 3 dropped to 1 if someone Employs this turn. Which they have. The Caravan Journey is 16. Should leave 12 gold to work with, and 4 platinum. (Or Chimminy could still School and Spar, which would leave 7 left over if I’m mathing right and that could go into 2 explore ups or one point of Attack. But it might be worth leaving that and picking up, e.g., more food, some poultices or Ironscale Potions, Weighted Dice for someone else, etc.)

Whatcha buying?

I would definitely like a bath. Been enjoying them in Nioh 2 also! Maybe a poultice to replace the one I used in the Arena.

I’m thinking it might be worth it to try to get the cricket as an ally rather than buy the waterskin.

OK I take this back, it’s not a great ally in combat. So I think Chiminy should do whatever Chiminy is gonna, we should buy the waterskin, send Akbar to the baths, and then pay Melhin to take us back to the waste, fighting boss 2 on the way for some more sweet upgrades (and a survival kit.) And I think it’s not a bad idea to buy some poultices. They’re cheap.

I like @ArmandoPenblade’s suggestion to head to the Ruined Village.

I think I’m good to work, then, and funnel the gold into topping everyone up on food and ironscales/poultices. I’m not completely sure where food stores are at, but would like to have sufficient leftover to do the mission and then not immediately starve to death in the Wastes :)

Food stores at present:
Cheya: 8 of 15
Akbar: 8 of 10
Orion: 8 of 10
Chiminy: 3 of 5

I’d like to buy at least 2 rations. And if we also buy another set of weighted dice, that will leave us with 0 gold to be robbed from us. So that would be:

• Caravan journey: 16g
  • 2 rations: 4g
  • weighted dice: 8g
  • bath: 1g
  • refilling waterskin: 3p

Total is 29g, leaving us as a group with 0g+1p.

My strategy for the cricket battle will be:

• favored opponent damage to health
  • spend 3 energy on racial ability to gain a rank of empowered and add health regen
  • leather grip round 1 (spend 1 energy) - 13 damage
  • electrify round 2 (use empowered) sustain leather grip

Can’t see how the battle lasts more than two rounds.

Someone holding an ironscale potion should probably defend so that we can all survive.

7g for the dice due to reputation.

Oh right, leaves us enough for a poultice then.

Sick action. I’ll hold off on battle plans for the boss till we still the first Event; may be worth keeping and could affect stats.

Seems like we’re kind of petering out here. Sad, I was really enjoying this.

I’m enjoying it too, though mostly content to go with the flow on decisions because I don’t have a great handle on the mechanics yet.

Maybe we should have a standing rule that if one of us proposes a course of action and no objections arise within 24 hours, we follow the course of action, just to keep things moving.

I just didn’t really have time to do any updates yesterday and there wasn’t a definite course of action over the weekend. I’ll post something a bit later today.

Okay, I’ve updated sheets according to Matt’s plan - it wasn’t specified who should get the Dice or the Poultice so I just replaced Akbar’s Poultice and gave the Dice to Chimminy. If anyone objects let me know. Similarly, nobody said if you wanted to move Reputation closer to Nemsynet but you dumped that Cave and I don’t really see a lot of downside outside that so I’ll assume you do unless otherwise specified (especially since Melhin will push you Rebellious like whoa anyway).

Here’s the start of the Caravan Journey with Melhin:

You could swap this for Kriq’itt…but I don’t think you want to!
Here’s Sarth:

And when it says trigger his special immediately, I think it means place the new HOTtile and let you interact with it. So here it is:

The HEX token is because this tile has a spot you can encounter boss 1, which you’ve already killed. You also don’t have a Silt Sea mission anymore. So I don’t think there’s much reason to stop and encounter the tile unless you specifically want to do a Circumstance. In case you do, here’s the current Circumstance bar:

(But I don’t think you do.)
Here’s the current Wastes layout for positioning purposes:

Where would you like the tile, and do you want to stop?

On the presumption you probably don’t, I’m going to also include event #2:

Based on the wording of Melhin’s ability, I don’t think the new Caravan Event draw happens if you swap for Kriq’itt.
Swap for the boss? If not, who’s up?

We’re bad at those skills, so while drawing another event does technically let us place more HOTtiles with our new friend, I think we should replace the sand storm with the boss. I’m very bad at spacial thinking so others please make a call on the placements.

The tile’s currently completely useless to you, so sticking it somewhere you don’t plan to go seems like the way to go to me. Also, you’re not great at those skills, but you do have a -2 bonus to Survival from Sarth. Probably still not worth it, but hey.

I like killing the Boss here. I will use All Tied Up round one with Triggered Assault. Round 2 will use Specialty Trap guessing 5 and hex (two guesses from upgraded ATU) and doing health damage.

If on Round 2 my health is low from Round 1 then instead will repeat All Tied Up action instead, but with Flee (defend) instead (with Poultice if health 4 or lower).

Calling my defend action “Flee” is a little confusing!

Assuming the boss, I have plans from Matt and Ormus - @Thraeg and @ArmandoPenblade ?

I can’t promise to run the boss fight before pretty late tonight, but the sooner I have that, the better my shot at having a spare moment before then. If I don’t have everyone by the late night point I think I’ll just make my own best judgment choices in the interests of trying to keep things at least somewhat mobile. :)