Play by Forum: Hexplore It - The Sands of Shurax

Yeah I agree, let’s skip the pyramid again for now. I have the best stats on 1st and 2nd masteries so I’ll happily go first.

Oh my god my damage output gets silly AF if I’m sustaining Battle Dance into Whirling Blades and avoid getting hit via a crit on my Target die. Which, like, is a series of things to make be true, but damn.

The problem is y’all can’t really afford to have more than 1-2 combat rounds. :P
And mostly won’t, to be fair.

Look we don’t need HP if we make sure our enemies also don’t have HP

Starting Energy Drain: 8
Cheya steps up. Needs 9, 9 and has a -2 bonus on both. Rolls: 1 (1-2), 1 (1-2). Critical Success, Critical Success. Energy drain cleared! (Yes, you really did roll nat crits on both.)

Journey ends:
This was all a dream, so you don’t use any food.
Rewards: everyone receives +2 to both Masteries (doubled rewards), +4 to Energy, and Spell Components x2.
Aaliyah fucks off into the mists, never to be seen again.
You have the option to teleport to Tarri but I assume you don’t take it.

Event Phase
Which reputation are you going for on the mission? Nemsynet would maintain your current reputation alignment, Dria would move you towards Righteous. (Also, crit success reward on Nemsynet is extra rep and food, it’s potions on Dria.) You have to decide before attempting it.

I’d say just keep it at Nenmsynet

Survival check, 1 success required across the group. Success requires 6, 6, 2, 5 respectively. Rolling:
1, 10, 2, 6. Critical Success, Critical Failure, Success, Failure.
Mission successful, and Cheya receives 3 food for the crit. Reputation doesn’t change because you’re as far over as possible anyway. Everyone receives 2 gold and two Power Ups.
Cheya gets:

Akbar gets:

Orion gets:

Stash or take, @Thraeg? you have 3 stashed cards.
Chimminy gets:

Stash or take, @ArmandoPenblade ?

Ravager Phase
The Ravager submerges.

Turn 9
Movement Phase:
Camp, Cautious, Normal or Reckless and where to?
New mission card is:

I’ll go ahead and take mine now

I will also take cuz I just need some health frankly

Any idea where you’d like to go?

To be explicit, I’d like y’all to pick a destination so that I can play more than the two stash rolls on my next update.

I propose that we move cautiously to the oasis so we can fill up on food, then head south to gather some crystals from the towers and get mutated. (We can grab one crystal on the way to the oasis by passing through the crystal deposit space.)

Sorry, was going to update last night and then my power died. And stayed dead. Until past 1 AM. :(
Will get something posted today.

Mildly terrified of the mutations I’m guaranteed to get here, but Crystals are mighty handy :)

Orion claims his stashed Power Ups, rolling 4d4: 4, 4, 3, 2. Gets extra effect! +2 First Mastery, +2 Second Mastery, +2 Health, and a new Favored Opponent (what do you want, @Thraeg ? Also, @ArmandoPenblade - you got this a while back and I don’t think you ever picked your new Favored Opponent type, did you? If you did, I don’t have it listed) and x2 to all Favored Opponent results from now on.

Chimminy claims the +1 health power up, rolling: 3. +1 Health.

Cautious move to the Oasis, gathering 1 Crystal along the way. Also everyone Heals 2 Health and 2 Energy, thanks to Survival Kit and Wayfarer’s Cloak, and Raises 2 Energy from the Waterskin. Akbar gets 1 TP towards Metabolic, and gains a rank.

Skills:
Cheya rolls Explore and Survival, needing 6, 6: 9, 7. Failure, Failure. Consumes 3 Food.
Akbar rolls Explore and Survival, needing 4, 6: 6, 7. Failure, Failure. Consumes no food thanks to Metabolic.
Orion rolls Explore and Survival, needing 3, 2: 2, 6. Success, Failure. Gains 2 Gold. Has no food so will starve unless given 2 food. Since you’re on the Oasis, I’ll just assume someone does.
Chimminy rolls Explore and Survival, needing 5, 5: 4, 10. Success, Critical Failure. Gains 2 Gold. Does not eat.

Circumstance
Skipped due to ending movement on an Oasis.

Event
Oasis. You’d be able to refill all Energy if you weren’t already over max, and clear any conditions or Afflictions, but you have none. I assume you take one of your 4/game food refills, which grants each hero up to 20 Food (subject to carrying limits).

Ravager
The Ravager comes to you.

Do you run away? If so, you automatically succeed (during this Act), but you Roam. If not…well, you get to fight the final boss! :P

I would recommend running personally!

Edit: extra favored enemy, let’s do Creature

What were the results from my power-ups?

Sorry, the above is for Orion, I got confused.

I misread - you actually move one hex away from the Ravager in a direction of your choice, not a Roam roll. So what direction?