Play by Forum: Hexplore It - The Sands of Shurax

Somehow I missed this note, which explains my math snafu. That +16 boost to vitals and early attack really hurt. We should have laid out some second round strategy regardless, so sorry about that. But you made great choices.

That battle was awesome, btw. Thanks much for the narration and description! My electrified whip–hoo damn that was a hot one! Given that we got 8 food each from the deal, it’s clear what Chiminy was using those final whirling blade attacks on T’Grong’s smoking corpse for…

Well, it’s probably a good idea to escape northeast just to reveal that tile. We can then move normally to the caravan to buy some healing, or see if something interesting shows up in the new tile.

In fairness I was like “oh yeah, there’s a mutation now” and then “Oh, and I can check for this without going into TTS, let’s do that” and edited those points in while you were typing.

New tile:

OK, I vote for moving cautiously to the silt sea mission spot two hexes northwest. We have two missions we can complete there, if I’m not mistaken:

That second one looks both easy and awesome. After doing that, we could camp there and complete the other one, or we could head to the caravan to turn in our bounty for beating boss 4 and travel to Phorora for more gear upgrades and to buy some heals.

What say you @ArmandoPenblade, @Ormus, and @Thraeg ?

You already did that second one, first mission of the game. You’re on step two, which involves going to a ruined village hex, giving the guy a bunch of food (2 per person) and Roaming as your movement next turn.

Also, you can only complete one mission per mission location. They get used up.

Ah, well. Let’s go rescue some giants then. Sorry, it’s hard to keep track of circumstances and events.

I can fux with that. I’d love to buy some potions now that we’re rich af at some point, though :)

Well…shit. I’m sorry, guys. I was going in to finally update and I realized that I’d managed to save a different ongoing game of Sands over the forum save. :/

I think it would technically be possible to reconstruct based on the thread but it’d be kind of a nightmare.

Well poop.

'sok. Interest has kind of petered out, and I’m leaving next week (probably) to spend a couple of weeks in rainy Costa Rica. It was a blast though, and thanks much for facilitating! I’d definitely be on board to do it again.

Yeah, I’d be up for running it or another Volume (or something else entirely maybe) again in a little bit. Just really annoyed with myself right now. :/

Ouch, really sorry to hear that. Thanks a lot for running this though! It was great to get a taste of this game.