[Play by Post] Better Angels - No Soul Left Behind

Sure.

@malkav11 As demons, do we know where the other members of our demon family are generally? More specifically do we each know that the other demons have possessed each of the PCs? Do we know where each demon specifically is?

You can tell when other invoked demons are around and you can tell if they’re part of your family (though you have no obligation to share this info with your human if you don’t want to). You cannot sense demons that are not invoked and do not have a way to keep track of your family members at range.

Thomas Albertson @Misguided invoked

>Thomas had a vague sense of his new powers. These could indeed be useful, but not yet. Perhaps once the police arrive certain individuals could be convinced I was instrumental in saving the kids.<

Very well, That Which Hungers, you’ll get your chance to show just how useful you are. But we need to wait until the police arrive to make it worthwhile. Give them a show.

I’m thinking we conjure up something that looks good for the fuzz, show me actively defending the school.

T-Dub

Oh, a Spectacle! Yes, we shall give them something to Remember.

Craig, you swapped out Ghost Form for Invisibility, yes? Might want to update the portal when you have a second.

Lou

“I come from another plane of existence. The others around you… I suppose you’ll all be close friends very soon. I would suggest you leave this… wreckage… and head out somewhere safer. We have formidable tasks ahead of us and your demise does not… serve our purposes, collective and distinct. Perhaps you could imbibe caffeinated warm beverages with your newfound compatriots in a place more free from danger?”

The Leecher @Misguided

MORTAL HOST, PANIC NOT. POWER BEYOND COMPREHENSION CAN BE AWARDED. DRINK LIFE. DRAIN LIGHT. ENJOY THE DELIGHTS I OFFER. FEEL THE BOUNDARIES SLIP AWAY. NOW.

I invoke non-Euclidean for the kicks of it and for character development. What do I need to roll again?

María Romero @Madmarcus invoked

Oh, wow, this is… Ok this is weird.

María walks along the scene taking everything in as she feels air blow through her ethereal body. She takes a long look around now eerily calm. Half in shock, half enjoying.

What do I see?

This is… cool.

María feels the presence lurking at the back of her mind.

@Madmarcus Who are you? What, what’s going on???

So I become Devious 5 Insightful 2?

Quick poll. Do people want to be tagged when we’re doing the demon->person communication or no?

I do, easier to keep track on when I need to respond.

Yes, please, if not a direct reply.

thirded.

This conversation is all happening in a few seconds. I don’t mind activating aspects, since that’s supposed to be basically instant, but please no exterior action. I will let you know why shortly, just want to make sure everyone gets in a little back and forth with their demon.

“Ow, ow, ow. Ok, first, stop yelling. Second, why are you doing it in my head. And third, everyone knows when someone says not to panic, the first thing you do is…what the hell?”

you roll the governing aspect with no tactic, so 4 dice. If you get any set, it is free. If not one point of devious slides over.

Which is why I hinted at something that Thomas thinks to do, without actually doing it. Waiting to see what you decide to pull here ;)

I’ll chime in with a yes then as well, to be consistent. I’ll wait for @Madmarcus to chime in before I start tagging him as his screwtape though.

Edit: I’ve bookmarked the thread, so I get a ton of notifications anyways. I wasn’t sure what you guys are doing for that. :)

I apologize for these early constraints, btw. Starting with the next adventure at least half of what’s going on is meant to be dynamic and based on your characters’ personal lives and goals and such, with periodic interruption by other plot threads.

It’s fine. We are all trying to figure out how to keep everything straight in posts anyway, so just as well.

Someone should write a style guide. :P

No sets.

Slide your deviousness!