PlayStation 5

Playstation is doing an activity thing with free avatars etc.
You have to sign up for this one. One click on the website.

Get ready for PlayStation’s Celebration of the community with Days of Play 2021 – PlayStation.Blog

Transitioning from KB+M to controller for FPS games was a very hard transition for me, even worse than from KB-only to mouse aiming. Sucks to get old.

If I can make a suggestion for yourself and anyone who wants to learn the controller for first person shooting, pick a game mode like king of the hill or something where you can have a lengthy session of just running to one spot and shooting things along the way. It will train your hands in a relatively short amount of time with the muscle memory you need to be competent.

Don’t snipe. Use assault rifles and smgs or their equivalent so you can throw out a volume of fire with less accuracy. The accuracy will come with time.

I did this with Halo back in 2001-ish and it’s to where I can’t go back to mouse and keyboard. It’s just more comfortable and natural, especially on the couch.

Gamestop sent me an email that they were dropping more systems today, but I’m sure they will be bundles with 70 dollar versions of Madden. If they had a bundle that let me pick the damn game I might bite.

Eh looks like it came and went. And they freaking had 3 games in the bundle. 1 which I already own and 2 I don’t want. So ya 2022 can’t come soon enough. ;)

Red one is cool but black is tradition…

Sony’s website is always so unpredictable. This time instead of Firefox I had to use Chrome in order to see the little “sign up” button on that page.

Thanks for telling us about that.

Black 4 Lyfe for components/consoles/controllers as far as I’m concerned. Just so classic looking.

I’ve got a red DS4 I love. The red two tone Dual Sense with the blue light gives big Spiderman vibes.

Final play at home is f2p spacebucks and shines.

Guess it ends not with a bang, but with a micro transaction.

There’s also a free PS5 upgrade for Subnautica:

Subnautica PS4 & PS5 (playstation.com)

It’s Playstation 5 and we still have no way to easily export pictures or video clips from games to say, an iPhone.
Utterly amazed.

I just put everything on YouTube. No need to use my own space for all that.

Can’t put pictures on youtube… or create a funny gif only to send to my friends

I agree… the lack of basic cloud support, even if it’s just dropbox, for exporting pics is irritating and long overdue.

Last of Us 2 now has a 60FPS patch joining other first party games.

Pretty much just leaves Bloodborne and Horizon as the two big ones that could use it.
https://youtu.be/9vKTikTO4dE

I send screenshots to a friend who hasn’t had a playstation for a decade or so. Then I just save them from the PS app and share.

I assume you could just make a dummy account to send that kind of stuff to in messages, though it really shouldn’t be necessary.

Yeah I do that too for the pics, but u can’t save videos that way unfortunately

It’s too bad they removed Facebook integration. Making private posts to your timeline was a really easy way to get video clips or screenshots off the PS4.