PlayStation 5

New house is getting painted so I have mine horizontal on my entertainment center so I can move it all and cover it easy. After that it’s going vertical because it is hideous and will be less visible. I’m considering a black shell but I want a second SSD as well and frankly one is way more exciting. I do have a giant permanent marker I could put to use I suppose.

Heh, but I needed the space on the credit card for vet bills first!

I think it looks pretty cool in the vertical orientation. I quite like having it glowing and peeking out from behind the TV.

The second SSD is worth it. I put one in awhile back. Been really happy with that, both increasing available space and having performance being identical.

It downloads games so fast that I haven’t really felt the need for more space myself. I have like 5-6 AAA games installed. I hate the design myself. The Xbox blends in wayyyyyy better.

Add me to the “it’s horizontal on my entertainment center” group. There’s like a random ottoman in front of it so I can’t even see it.

2nd SSD is a must for me. I got gaming ADD and need a nice selection ready to go. Plus my daughter likes different games so more space required. I already added a external 3 gb but more PS5 games or PS5 versions of games than I expected getting installed. Lastly, wifi is a little slow up on the 5th floor (split level house)so downloads not quite as fast as I like presently even at “gig” speeds. I’m honestly considering a 2 gb one because more future proof.

What’s the link to get in on that lottery? Is it easily findable via search?

Pretty sure it’s this one:

This has been in stock for the last 20 minutes.

It’s a bundle with Horizon New West, $549. Free express shipping.

Here’s a question: let’s say that I don’t need to worry about saved games or anything. Any reason to keep a PS4 if I have a PS5? Thinking about giving my old PS4 to a friend.

Not really, unless you got the digital only PS5 and want the PS4 for Blu-rays. Maybe for remote playing PS5 games on a second TV?

I gifted my PS4 Pro to my nieces/nephews. Since you can have both a primary PS4 and PS5 they have access to my entire digital library, too.

It’s a small one, but if you have multiple TVs in your house, you can remote play your PS5 to your PS4 in another room, I think.

There’s a small percentage of PS4 games that won’t play on a PS5, most of them are PSVR titles. Not really much more than a handful, but scrolling through my games list on the PS5 had a number of “not installable” titles. If you can live with that, go for it.

Cool. It looks like there’s only a handful of games that aren’t cross-compatible, and I don’t own any of them and none of 'em rang my bell either when I read the titles. One less thing to have to move. :)

I’ve not had a reason to plug my PS4 Pro in in the 16 months since I got my PS5.

The Sony official queue has been going up almost daily now, about this time every afternoon. And they’ve apparently been filling a decent number of people in line.

In the q

10 mins

Good luck! I hope you score one.

YAY!

Not super pumped about having to buy a bundle, but I guess Horizon Forbidden west isn’t a bad game so w/e

Congrats!

I was able to log in right now on my Sony account and buy that bundle without needing to wait. (I didn’t, but I was at the last step on payment; just wanted to see.)