PlayStation 5

The Series X thing sounds like possible power problems too though. Can you test it somewhere else? It’s probably dead, but having both systems with issues just seems way too unlucky to me.

Do you have them plugged into a surge protector? I believe there are also some that are “line conditioners” as well that can prevent spikes from damaging your gear. They’re not very expensive.

Here’s an article that may be helpful about what these offer.

Sorry for ya, that sucks :( Hope they get it fixed and replaced for you!

Virtual line starting…

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/hardware/ps5

I missed this… 3 days late.

Keep an eye on Wario64 and Cheap Ass Gamer Twitters if you haven’t done so already. I always see it posted there. It’s usually mid-afternoon/early evening Eastern time.

The unicorn has arrived!

WoW! How’d you manage that?

Celebration time!

One of us! One of us! Now go play Astro’s Playroom.

And now time for a bit of complaining.

I remain very unimpressed with the Family / Parental Controls on the PS5. Here are my issues:

1. When you log into a kids account with a play time limit enabled the kid has to acknowledge and dismiss it with the OK button before they can continue. That sucks to have to do EVERY time. And especially since I got the media remote and have decided to try using the PS5 as our primary media player until the next Apple TV 4K launches. It’s annoying for the kids to have to click through another extra step, beyond clicking on their account name, when they press the shortcut YouTube button on the remote.
  2. Speaking of YouTube, apparently you can’t log in to a Google / YouTube account when you’re signed in under a kids PlayStation account? Disney+ and Netflix seem to carry across my account info. YouTube just shows the kid account as signed out and shows a “You can’t link to a child account.” error when I try to sign in.
  3. You also can’t link a kid to Twitch to be allowed to stream their gaming. Even if Twitch allows users to be 13+, and 13 year old Sony family account still can’t link up with Twitch. Or Yotube. All game streaming is apparently confined to the parent account.

And the media remote. Let’s talk about why pressing one of the app shortcut buttons (eg YouTube, Disney+, Netflix) takes you to the app page and a prompt to Open the app the first time you launch it. Ugh.

Over a month of trying daily to grab one during the 2 minutes they are available. Got this one from Walmart (They post when they will go live periodically) with me, my wife and stepson all trying at the same time.

That’s awesome! Which one of you performed the lucky click to get the purchase?

My wife did. She’s been trying to get me a PS5 for Christmas since they launched. Didn’t want me to help at first, but then reality set in. Not opening until tomorrow!

Perfect!

Put it in your store, I will buy it!

What’s the inventory tracking app people are using on iOS? I think @stusser has mentioned it?

I believe you’re thinking of https://www.hotstock.io/us

I tried Remote Play from my PS5 the other day. I set it to 1080P HDR. To do that I had to buy a $1 codec from the Microsoft store, which Sony mentions as a requirement but doesn’t link to in the app.

Once I got that installed, I connected up after a couple of tries. Unfortunately It didn’t feel great. The controller input lag was atrocious. I’m on a wired MoCA/Ethernet network so that shouldn’t be a problem.

I am using software to emulate a PS4 controller so I can play with my Elite 2. I’ll have to give it a try with a DS4 or DS5 and see if the experience is any better. The same setup worked great with the PS4 though.

Will that do text alerts?