PlayStation 5

Good!

I’m disappointed to see this as I’m excited to play the game. Hopefully this means we’re getting a full, complete release at launch. I was not a fan of them dribbling out small editions last time around.

Not a lot of details yet.

We’re continuing to innovate with our new VR system so that our fans can continue to enjoy the unique experiences that are synonymous with PlayStation. We’re taking what we’ve learned since launching PS VR on PS4 to develop a next-gen VR system that enhances everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input. It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience.

One of the innovations we’re excited about is our new VR controller, which will incorporate some of the key features found in the DualSense wireless controller, along with a focus on great ergonomics. That’s just one of the examples of future-proof technology we’re developing to match our vision for a whole new generation of VR games and experiences.

There’s still a lot of development underway for our new VR system, so it won’t be launching in 2021. But we wanted to provide this early update to our fans, as the development community has started to work on creating new worlds for you to explore in virtual reality.

Huh, was anyone really expecting this to be available this year? :P A GT game?

I just came here to post this, after it showed up in my feed. Hey, a reason for me to pick up a PS5… at some undefined point in the future. Cool. I liked what I’ve played with the PSVR on my Pro, and this is the huge, gaping hole where MS just doesn’t seem to have any interest at all.

If they make a new Astro Bot game for it I’ll buy it, that and Wipeout VR made the PSVR worth owning.

Agreed. This is an area where they stand alone in the console space. I’m also intrigued by the idea of VR.

On the other hand, one of the things I really want to play if I ever get VR is Half Life: Alyx. And Astro Bot. If only we could get both of those on a single VR system.

No surprise at all GT is delayed.

Seconded. Those were amazing.

I’d buy it day one with a Motorstorm Collection in VR as good as Wipeout.

I’m glad they’re not using moves again. Please have something to protect the lenses and glasses this time. My more casual friends nicked theirs up.

March 1st - Free Ratchet & Clank (PS4) for everyone.

March 25th - Free anime for 3 months - Funimation & Wakanim.

Not sure where to put this so I’ll leave it here. It seems more PS games will be coming to PC in the future

“We assessed the exercise in two ways. Firstly, in terms of the straightforward success of the activity of publishing the game on PC, people liked it and they bought it. We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.”

“Adverse reaction”, what the hell?

Wonder if they’ll make a remaster of it.

Was the PS4 Ratchet and Clank game good? Looks like @LockerK liked it.

Impact on sales or rioting from the fanbase, which may sound dumb but gamers can over react in some pretty dumb ways.

“The toxic fanboys didn’t come for us in great number, so we emerged from the bunker and thought we’d dip our toe in the water again. Hopefully they’re still cool with other people getting to play our games”

Fascinating.

I know a couple guys like that - definitely a Covid quarantine effect for them, as they are spending more time at home than they have in years, and they always liked gaming but felt they had grown out of them - or had too many other responsibilities - but were drawn back in by circumstances and have rekindled their love of gaming

Indeed. More of a statement of intent than a product announcement. Still good to hear that the PSVR will not be orphaned. Was worried when the PS5 camera was not compatible but now it seems an indication that they will be using head mounted tracking instead

Do I get that included collection if I sign up and only have a PS4 Pro? I’m thinking that I’ll probably be buying a Series X before I ever buy a PS5.

No, the PS+ collections is only for PS5 owners.

You can get access to them temporarily if you log into a PS5 with your account.

I wouldn’t worry about it yet until they reveal the future of the IGC.