PlayStation 5

Fallen Order is a horrendously buggy game. That is not the norm.

Not that weird, it’s a pretty darn good PS4, and PS5-specific games are not exactly dropping out of the sky.

That’s exactly what I’m doing and it’s been great. The reduced load times alone have been worth it, not to mention the extra power that’s thrown at games which might have pushed the Pro to its limits. No issues like what you’re describing @_aaron, sounds like some Fallen Order-specific jank.

Ratchet, which was recently free to everyone, got a 60FPS PS5 patch, out now.

Ooh nice. The 30fps limit on that was definitely noticeable when I tried it out.

So My ps5 has turned up. They are big in the flesh.

Just got a query. I’m using a 27" 1440 monitor and I gather it does not support 1440 natively but will allow me to output at 4k and downscale via the monitor. The monitor supports HDMI 2.0

Does that mean I just select 4k output on the PS5 and my monitor will do the rest.

Got another 90 minutes at work until I can set the bad boy up.

If your Monitor can take a 4K signal, yes.

Seems my cannot. Also anyone have any idea on license transfers. I cannot seem to unlock Diablo 3 which I bought digitally from the store. Just has the locked icon even with syncing licenses.

I have been playing Ratchet and Clank for about 2 weeks now (I bought it just before it went free), saw the patch, didn’t think anything of it and played last night. I didn’t notice any difference. Clearly this stuff is wasted on me and I shouldn’t worry about getting a 120hz TV/Monitor.

Maybe you didn’t enable it? A lot of times it’s something you must enable in the options.

Are you sure you’re not looking at the demo for Diablo 3?

If there’s a setting to turn it on, I haven’t found it. And I’ve really looked.

If you pick up Subnautica (free in the “Play at Home” program), note you have to manually save and you should do so often. Given that deaths continue the game, it doesn’t trigger my normal save instincts. I found the sort of switching that unloads the game has to load from your save. It has no other temporary save for that situation, which is unfortunate because it’s not clear to me when I’m quitting the title. Also one crash so far.

Since there’s no thread for it, and I doubt anyone cares enough for me to make one, I’ll dump some comments in here about Oddworld: Soulstorm since I tried it out yesterday…

It’s definitely ODD with a capital ODD, just like all the others.

The odd is in the characters, the setting, the story… but gameplay-wise it’s straight forward platform puzzling like the originals. It’s ok if that’s your thing, and I can’t say I dislike it, but I also think it’s one of those games where you have to wonder who it’s made for other than the very specific group of Oddworld fans out there that adore Abe’s Oddysee, etc. Putting it on PS Plus was smart because I wouldn’t have played this otherwise.

If the characters and Lorne Lanning shoving his voice acting in your face weren’t so super offputting to me, I think I’d like this style of game more. It looks good enough, plays smoothly most of the time on PS5 (although there are some hitches here and there), and puzzling out how to get through the levels is engaging. I just don’t know if I can stomach its setting and its weirdness to play it much beyond the one and a half levels I did so far.

It’s not really next gen in any appreciable way. Maybe a little prettier than it would have been on last gen hardware, but most of the graphic “wow” is in the cutscenes, which you can’t skip, and where all that ODD is located along with Lorne Lanning and his script. So yeah… you can probably skip this unless you love Oddworld.

Thanks! I’ll definitely move it back and hit other PS4 games from my PS Plus backlog first.

Guaranteed you have better games to play in the Collection than this one. I know it sounds like I’m hating with that comment, but it’s not a bad game, it just isn’t for … anyone? I feel like Lorne makes games for Lorne to showcase Lorne and if you love Lorne then you’ll love Oddworld.

Big update tomorrow which will increase storage options and let you archive PS5 games to external storage if you are not playing them.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/13/ps5-april-update-brings-new-storage-options-and-social-features/

Note you can only download them to internal storage for some reason.

I don’t think that will be too much of a problem in practice. If you want to download a new game, in most cases it’s because you want to play it, so you’ll just move the stuff you’re not playing to cold storage first.

So when do we get access and specs for that SSD port? I mean downloading games I don’t want to play to external storage is… okay, but come on.