PlayStation 5

NewEgg has bundles in the Shuffle today.

The game selection isn’t something I’d want, but I can vouch for the PULSE 3D headset and the charging station as excellent accessories. I have both.

Thanks. Unfortunately the hunt continues.

I think I’ve given up on getting a PS5, at least for now. Keeping track of these pop up sales is just too much hassle. Hopefully someday you’ll just be able to walk into a store and buy one.

What kind of ludicrous fantasy world do you think this is?!

I can go to facebook marketplace and there are dozens of PS5s available within 50km of where I live, most for around MSRP+50 bucks.

Wow, all the listings I see still hover around $800.

Answering a question no one asked, the PS5 controller emits a weird odor after I get sweaty with it. I thought that might stop after aging a few months. Maybe it has reduced…but not gone at this time.

I looked into this last night. Nearly all the listings are $800+. There were some used ones for $550 ish.

However in all cases you had payment demanded before exchange, in front of a police station, and no refunds allowed. Many sellers had some very questionable rating flags.

This left me in the @merryprankster camp. I am pining for that impossible utopia where I can buy a PS5 without cyber camping/stalking restock rumors and have recourse if the unit is damaged, banned, or whatever. I will even pay over retail. I just don’t want to be totally in the wind on the transaction or competing with bots.

Yeah, at this rate I suspect my first PS5 will be the “Pro” model. By the time these things are readily available I bet we will be close enough to the mid life upgrade that I will just wait it out.

I’m just not interested enough to compete with the Bots online or buy and overpriced scalped PS5 from some shady character.

I’m right there with ya. Im resigned to not be in a hurry to get one anymore. Granted I haven’t tried that hard but It’s only going to get worse through the holidays. I’ll focus on it again in the spring or next summer. Should be more this generation games by then hopefully as well.

I doubt this generation will see speed refreshes, no pro models. Last-gen consoles were just slow, incapable of even handling 1080p, and the refreshes fixed that. It’s true that current-gen consoles can’t really handle 4k in most games, but dynamic resolution scaling down to 1800p or whatever really isn’t noticeable at most TV sizes and couch distances so it truly just doesn’t matter.

This generation is likely to see “slim” refreshes in 2-3 years. Cutting costs. I can easily imagine the XSS getting down to $199.

I’ll lay money down that you’re wrong on that one, Stusser. I’d expect the Series S to get faster once it’s financially viable, and faster Series X in a couple of years. (No inside knowledge, just knowing how the marketing works in this segment.) And Sony will follow suit because competition.

I don’t think so-- they’ll launch “new” consoles instead. I put new in quotes because they’ll have the same architecture, just faster, and retain full compatibility.

So speed refreshes? LOL Hard to be wrong when you talk out of both sides of your mouth ;)

Well, yeah. It’s a marketing thing-- much more impact releasing a PS6 and Xbox Series 360 One Live than a PS5 Pro and Xbox Series XX.

Gotcha, your saying they will just launch a PS6 in 3 to 4 years in lieu of a PS+.

Still for merryprankster’s point he might as well wait for the midlife upgrade and get the PS6. If it’s not all streaming by then ;)

So far with the lack of next gen exclusives a year on the PS5 kind of really just seems like a PS4 Pro+

Wish this forum had a like button.

I don’t see a new revision bringing down the demand.