PlayStation 5

BTW, is there a PS4 version of Miles Morales? I have a Pro and since PS5s might as well be made of titanium and diamonds and Fabergé eggs, not getting my hands on one of those anytime soon.

There is

I can’t seem to find PS5 Miles Morales Spiderman in time for Christmas, at least not on Amazon. Are they low on stock?

More generally, can anyone advise me on the best new games that are exclusive to the PS5? I’m getting my family the console for Christmas, but I’m not sure which games to get with it. Er, I’m not entirely sure which games come bundled with it either – need to double-check that.

They all come with Astro’s Playroom, and that’s short but good. After that it depends if you got some retailer bundle. Miles is good. What age range are we talking? Ratchet is good and looks great (don’t believe the haters around here). Returnal is my GotY but also it’s a bit hard core in the way that Demon’s Souls is a bit hard core.

Did you have a PS4? Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut with the expansion on PS5 is great. I like Kena Bridge of Spirits a lot too but there was a PC version. Also Sackboy is a decent 4 player 3d platformer.

If you didn’t have a PS4 get PS+ which will get you access to some great PS4 games many of which run at 60FPS on PS5, like God of War or Day’s Gone.

Seems to be readily available at Best Buy and probably other retailers. May just be an Amazon thing. The Ultimate version comes with the original Spider-Man game, so if they already have that, you can save $20 with the regular edition.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-ultimate-launch-edition-playstation-5/6430159.p?skuId=6430159

And of course, you can always buy a digital copy from the PSN store.

As for games, the true exclusives that I’ve enjoyed most are Demon’s Souls and Returnal, but they’re both punishing enough that they might not be ideal for a "family recommendation. Ratchet & Clank is safer in that regard, though I haven’t played it yet.

Plenty of cross-gen or PS5-enhanced options are worth looking at as well, as long as they haven’t played the previous version. Nioh 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Sackboy are the standouts here to my mind. And yes, the PS+ collection is a good way to check out a selection of what you missed from the last gen.

Thanks for the replies. We’re talking about early-20s adults, one of whom still lives with me here at home, the other at college. So hard-core games like Returnal are fine! And thanks for the lead on Best Buy, I’ll look for Miles Morales there.

Newegg has PS5s in the Shuffle today if anyone is monitoring this thread and still looking for the Holidays.

Thanks Dave

FUCK YOU

AWWWW :(

I clicked it pretty much immediately. I was at the gmail screen when it arrived.

They usually haven’t been for “right now” but they list a set time and date, at least that’s how it was when I did it.

Oh you’re right, it says in 2 days!

Yeah that’s how I finally was able to get one. I just made sure I was logged in and had my billing and shipping info ready before my window of time arrived, and it was thankfully painless.

Online webstores for other retailers have all been a fucking sham, I’ve been really disappointed how little they do to prevent botting.

Fancy new controller colours are inbound. No surprise. Also not shocking, but kinda cool, are the official Sony PS5 snap on console covers that match.

When that third party was starting to sell faceplates and got shut down by Sony they were $50. Sony official price includes a $5 Sony Tax to make these $54.99.

Too much for me.

Dbrand. Yeah, that’s why I’m not shocked. There was clearly something coming from Sony.

My white console has grown on me as a centrepiece of my living room’s home entertainment storage unit. I am slightly tempted by the purple because of its uniqueness, but I will likely never buy one. Not unless I end up getting a purple controller to replace a white one (maybe when the battery dies?). Then I won’t be able to resist.

Mine is hidden behind an end table. I’ve been tempted to spray the sides black so it’s be less visible, but I’ve had good luck reselling older consoles and I don’t want to screw up the resale value. (“Custom-painted one-of-a-kind Matte Black PS5!”) It’s so stupid-huge (for a disc-less console, especially!) that the last thing I want it something to make it stick out more.

If you think $55 is too much for a piece of plastic, just think how Xbox is charging $25 for a piece of paper!

I actually think these colors look nice, but I have no need or interest in changing the look of my PS5.