PlayStation 5

Most of that was probably idling on the menu lol.

There’s just so much stuff to do :) Dreams is kinda like buying a gigantic indie bundle of 5,000 two minute games. I got involved with the creative part of the community, and spend a lot of time just checking out the music/art people make. I also make garbage things. It’s incredibly fast to use, and I had a lot of fun putting together VR stuff for my family to play.

Here’s something you’re missing out on by not finishing the tutorial:

Trip’s Voyage Trailer - YouTube

I STILL haven’t been able to find one of these. Everyone I know is ready to switch to PS5 from our Xbox group but no one can find one save one guy, who used a Twitter alert feed that hasn’t produced anything for me.

QT3, what’s your secret sauce? Help me buy a PS5! Not scalped, plz.

There are Twitter accounts like CheapAssGamer and Wario64 that issue in-stock alerts. Even with those, you’ve got to be quick on the draw.

Also, signing up for the Sony Direct PS5 sales is the route some of my friends who had success went.

Way up thread somewhere I mentioned how I used the HotStock app to alert me and it worked pretty well for me to get one, and I was only casually trying. Not sure how it goes these days, but it’s worth checking out.

The only assist I have used has been the HotStock app. Using it, I’ve bought 2 series X, one PS5, and an OLED switch over the last couple years.

I already followed Wario64 and I clicked on links to a PS5 at Walmart and an XSX at Best Buy that he posted back in 2020.

Following the NZ equivalents of the twitter accounts mentioned got me a PS5 and a Xbox Series X within about 6 weeks.

Checking all those out, and thanks, Aphrodite’s son!

I just got mine through the Hot Stock app - been trying for over a year to get the digital version. However, had to pay for the $5 premium mode and had to settle for the disc version and I snagged a PS5 within a week. Think it was really the disc vs digital issue - they are making a lot more disc versions.

This. I’ve gotten two this way over the past year (one for me, one for a friend). But you have to be ready to endure a lot of other tweets for non-PS5 stuff. I just left the tabs open in my browser as I worked during the day and turned Twitter notifications on. Still requires some patience and persistence, especially with the consoles being locked behind subscription programs at many retailers last holiday season (god bless you, Target).

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdkBKaUY/

Why you can’t find PS5’s in store.

How in the world does he get his hands on so many? That’s infuriating.

Um. So. Yeah.

I would just like to vent a moment. Sorry.

So a while back I gave up on the influencer ambulance chasing you need to do in order to get a PS5. I signed up for the PS5 direct invite thing where Playstation will send me a “private invitation” to buy a PS5 when some are available. Fine. I will wait my turn. Several months later, I finally got my email. So, today, I waited for my invite window, then clicked the link. After numerous redirect fails, the site finally let me in nearly 30 minutes later. I get the PS5 in my cart, go to check out…“sweet-- free shipping”…click…
“An item is your cart is sold out, please remove before the shipping step can be completed.”

WTactualF.

And now I am reading about “direct to cart” links that are spammed out via influencers. Those f#$%s. And F the scalpers too. Go put some money in an index fund or whatever, work on an actual career, and stop s#$%ing on the world for relatively pathetic long term returns.

GUGH!!!

To the average person, the PS5 has not been released yet. It is gated by scalpers or an internet scavenger hunt.

That’s so wrong. I hope you get yours soon.

It’s not a good option, but Sony has a sweepstakes running called “PS5 treat codes”. Chances to win a free PS5. Codes have been shared at https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5TreatCodes/. There’s an answer half to each, and I’m less sanguine about the accuracy of the shared answers. I didn’t read enough to understand how necessary a close-to-correct answer is.

Stockx. Yes its more but ive been loving my PS5 now for 5 months and paying the 250 over retail was worth it. To me.

Ugh! That’s awful.

I’ve pretty much given up on getting a PS5 entirely. I suspect the PS5 Pro will be out by the time they are available to just go into a shop and “buy”.

Thankfully I don’t play a whole lot of video games the days so I don’t really mind much.

The impossibility of buying the PS5 has helped immensely with my goal of not buying a PS5.

(At least not yet. I want to play late-last-gen games like Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us 2 and new titles like Horizon Zero Dawn 2 very badly so I’ll get one someday. Unless Sony keeps bringing these titles to PC… then maybe I won’t!)

How long has the PS5 been out now? I can’t believe you still can’t just walk into a store and pick one up.

Like 15 months, and they’ve sold about 17 million units according to the recent news I could find on it.