PlayStation 5

Yes, the original was remade for PS4. Ratchet & Clank™ It’s been free in the PS+ Collection and in the Play-At-Home giveaway Sony did in 2021.

Edit: Oh, sorry, I guess that’s more of a “no”. Only that PS2 game was remade.

Oh I got that one during the giveaway, thanks. I didn’t realize that was a remake of the very first one.

Sorry to hear that there’s no remake/remaster of say, A Crack in Time, or of Up Your Arsenal from the PS2 days.

I have my Pro at my girlfriend’s place so I swap back and forth sometimes from PS5 to PS4 Pro. The biggest thing I notice is the slow menus in the OS on the Pro compared to the snappy PS5. Depending on the game, performance is usually pretty good, but obviously not always the same.

I’ve also used the remote play feature a bunch (posted about it up above I think) and been happy with that for the most part. Definitely depends on the game though. Playing Warzone that way because the patch hadn’t downloaded to the Pro was super sketchy. A solo game or something slow paced is usually ok though.

I got the email to be given the privilege to buy one today. I think I may pass. I really want to play Demon Souls but I have Elden Ring…MLB the Show is on Xbox… So eh…Still tempting as it is so hard to get… Damn it.

I’m weak willed. Ordered the digital version. Having the disk Xbox I don’t see the need for the drive. I have like 2 PS4 disks left. I got rid of the rest.

1 week later…

I bought the ultra Miles spiderman that comes with the first one remastered, Demon souls and Ghost of Tsushima. I also snagged a year worth of playstation +. That should covert over to their new one in June I beleive? Anyhow, I tagged all the free ones it came with and downloaded God’s of War, last of us remaster and Uncharted legacy of thieves. Haven’t ever played any of these games or series really and I’m in some sorta Playstation induced Nirvana. I played Demon Souls up until first boss than moved over to first Spiderman right up until I tried Last Of Us. Oh my has that one got it’s claws in me. Meanwhile the 12 and new 3 year old are loving Astro playground and dabbling in Spiderman as well.

I think I’ve got enough for the next 6 months but anything I’m missing?

It’s a great little technical marvel but super ugly with the rest of my gear. I need a black one.

They sell black shell plates.

You should be good for a bit. Ratchet is fun and has amazing graphics and the kids should appreciate. Horizon Forbidden West (though maybe play Zero Dawn first if you havent)

Ugh. This was my third invite and the third time they were sold out before I could get to checkout. In fairness (??), I was 30 minutes late to the start of the 5 hour window because I didn’t see the email right away. It took me another hour to get to the front of the queue just to see accessories were the only items still available to buy.

Summoning @merryprankster to share my continued insistence that the PS5 has not been released yet to the general public. Digitally camp or pay a scalper: those are your only options after all this time.

Only other one I’d recommend that isn’t a platform exclusive but certainly benefits from the hardware is Guardians of the Galaxy assuming you enjoy the movies. Sure, the game is based on the comics but the writing and voice acting is clearly inspired by the films and captures what was enjoyable about those.

I believe Zero Dawn will be free with the new plus program so it’s on my radar to play then for sure. Backlog engaged!

I was able to buy one last summer via Amazon, un-bundled, at list price.

Definitely not saying that there’s not luck involved, but if a shlub like me can get one…

Interesting. I’ll look into that and an extra SSD.

I was in the first five minutes. Which is weird for a guy who said he probably wouldn’t buy it. ;) I’m weak.

And I can pick it up today. That’s kind of ridiculous. As it needed signature and I’m not home I had it held. Nutty. It shipped from in state.

It’s been more than two months since our last State of Play – who’s ready for a new one? Tune in live next Thursday, June 2 for nearly 30 minutes of announcements and updates from the world of PlayStation.

We’ll have some exciting reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2. Watch over at Twitch or on YouTube starting 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern / 12:00am CET.

I didn’t know about the PS subscription changes. In two weeks I can access most the the major exclusive games through the subscription. Sweet timing. So I’ll see you in two weeks Demon Souls

I’ve given up entirely on a PS5. Maybe I’ll get one someday, who knows. I’ve kinda just stopped even thinking about it if I’m honest.

So my almost 2 year later five minutes impression. This feels more like a next gen console than the Xbox. The Xbox just feels like a badass computer crammed into a mini fridge. Which is awesome in it’s own right so not a complaint.

The controller is really neat but not nearly as comfortable for me as the Xbox. (Freak hands). But the haptic triggers are sweet…

Only really played two things Ghost of Tsushima, holy shit I’m glad I waited to play the directors cut. Amazing. And FIFA 22 as it was free. Holy shit who did the menus for that game? It may be one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

I may pickup the uncharted remaster and then hold tight for June 13th when the pass dumps everything on me.