PlayStation 5

What’s your setup for watching sports? You stream them? If so, why not have those on the PC and have the PS5 on the TV?

I don’t stream the sport maybe I could something to look in to, it’s via Sky our uk provider

I’m not sure what options are like in the UK, but now that we’ve got decent internet we switched over to streamed live television and the flexibility is really great. I don’t have a TV in my office but I can plop my tablet down and watch whatever. The stuff I really want to watch is still saved for the big OLED but I do enjoy have something on in the background while I’m on my desktop.

Well I just installed the Sky Go app and it’s crap, only streams at 720p. I mean it’s nuts, I can watch at 1080p upstairs on a TV an 4k downstairs but on my PC at 720p only.

That ruins that idea.

I don’t believe I would get away with adding a 3rd Screen to the room just to use the PS5.

I think you need Sky Q for proper HD.

I have Sky Q, sky Go the app is not 1080p yet :(

So the only way to watch is via an “app”? Comcast streams television through an app on phones (which I believe does go at least to 1080p) but also via their web site. It’s certainly perfectly watchable and again, I think at least 1080p.

You’re on a monitor too, right? Like, 720p isn’t the end of the world on 34"… since you’re in the UK, I’m guessing it’s not ice hockey. The ball should be visible for cricket or football. :)

If you go here, does that force you to install the app?

Pile Up in the PS++ is worth checking out. Cute little puzzle game.

Same in Canada afaik. They gave us a bunch recently - but they were all more expensive bundles with controllers & horizon. Series X are available in stores here now though.

So the update is out with 1440p support.

I have a 35" UW 3440 x 1440p and it now says 1440p not supported. Guess as it’s not 2560 x 1440p you are screwed.

I can select 3840x2160 and 1080p but the 1440p is greyed out, hooray…

Probably a bit stupid to think they could have just outputted in 1440 and added black bars where needed like every other thing on it seems to.

Is there any way you can force your monitor to do that itself so the PS5 sees it as a 2560x1440 display?

Good thinking, I had hoped the same but seems not, I can adjust the HDMi output to display with the borders (aspect ratio) but it still states not supported.

Oh what to do, I was hoping this would fix my problem in the short term allowing me to play it as it looks really poor at 1080 on a 3440 monitor.

Might have to bite the bullet and buy another TV to plug it in to

That’s why I’ll probably never get an UW. There’s always the chance something won’t play nice with it and I have zero patience. Curious to see if this means I can do 1440p 120. We shall see when I get home. Not a big deal if it doesn’t. 60fps is fine for most stuff. 30fps makes me want to stab my eyes out.

It does work with 120hz huzzah. No vrr but still better than being stuck at 60hz. Somehow Xbox is able to handle both.

Nintendo Direct in the morning, (7am PT), Playstation in the afternoon (3pm PT)

I guess I need to buy another plastic box for one game.

One day we’ll bury consoles.

I thought Pacific Drive looked pretty interesting personally. Fortunately looks like it’s coming to PC so no new plastic boxes for me.

It says “PS5 Console Exclusive”, which I believe has been used in the past for PS5 + PC. Otherwise it would say “Only on PS5” or similar.

Oh cool thanks, I’m blind. That makes more sense too. It looks like the same basic engine they’ve had (now stretched to open world) so unless Sony simply cut them a check for exclusivity (doesn’t seem to be their style) then it’s not like they would’ve funded much of the development.

Team Ninja must have a serious content pipeline going if they can crank out a game per year. That’s no joke.