PlayStation Now coming to PC

I decided not to continue playing Ninja Gaiden on PS Now. I played a game I was familiar with, Devil May Cry 3, and the sluggish response simply didn’t feel right. It’s probably only a few frames of lag so it’s hard to even notice visually. The attacks just don’t have the same sharpness to them when you press the button. I feel like if I play an action game with this service, I’m robbing myself of some of the joy of playing it and not giving the game its best chance to shine. it was a fun experiment though.

I took the opportunity to check out a few games I was curious about, kind of like an extended demo. Thankfully, I didn’t come out of there with any new games I wanted to play! The downside (for OCD list makers like me) is it adds the games to your trophy list for all time. Mine is already a mess so that’s okay.

Aw man, is this for real, can anyone confirm?

Are there actually queues to play games on PSNow?

I wouldn’t be surprised. It runs on real hardware (they made special racks of custom PS3s boards I think).

How quaint.

I was in queues all the time for awhile, but I haven’t seen them in the last week or two.

New stuff this month:

Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus
Goosebumps: The Game
Fluster Cluck
Ironcast
Jumpjet Rex
Last Tinker: City of Colors
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Leo’s Fortune
OlliOlli 2
Tearaway Unfolded
Velocibox

Tearaway is the only good exclusive. We’d need a PS4 controller for the best experience.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been doing as well. I ended up buying ~20 bargain bin games after trying them, including Ninja Gaidens & DMC4. Most of my PsNow time was spent with visual novels in bed/exercising and Koei Tecmo games. Those were more expensive to buy than a subscription.

Happy with PS3 performance. PS4 did not work well for me. Killzone SF & God of War 3R would’ve looked much better on a console. KSF multiplayer was not a fun experience. Saint’s Row 4RE actually looked worse than the PS3 version. Darksiders 2D looked fantastic, but the input lag made platforming difficult. Akiba’s Beat played great.

I’ve also had trouble getting the PS4 games to start. They often just stay at a streamed blue screen with rotating controller symbols for 10 minutes before telling me “The game did not start as expected. Please try again”.

May’s update looked interesting:

How’s PS Now on PC these days, if anyone here is using it? I haven’t touched it after Vita support died.

I used it about a year ago from nonsupported country and it worked well enough (Last of Us and Beyond were playable). I assume it might work same or possibly little better now. But definitely try the trial first if you can.

https://www.superdataresearch.com/gaming-subscription/

This is way more successful than I expected. PS Now accounted for roughly half of the total revenue from game subscription services this year.

This thread resurrection was a good reminder for me to check on whether Demon’s Souls is available yet on PS Now.

Answer: Still only in Japan, on a Japanese PSN account, with only Japanese text displayed on the screen. Damn.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up on that one. Sony published it themselves in Japan, but Atlus did the US version, so it’s probably in rights limbo.

Persona 5 & Shadow of War were added today, going away in Feb.
P5 is 100 hours long… 172 for completionists on HLTB.

There was also a recent price drop, and people with a PS4 can download instead of stream.

Last month’s highlights (God of War, Uncharted 4, Infamous Sun, GTA5) will be going away in January.

still not out, but Bloodborne is. I don’t get it. Get it done Sony, such an obvious choice.

I booted up my PS3 version of Demons Souls today and thought, if they are going to do a remake, they need to make the levels interconnected like in Dark Souls. Imagine, it would be a totally fresh experience. /dreamin’

So does that mean Bloodborne can be purchased for PC?

I have not tried Playstation now on PC, but you can try the 7 days trial and check how Bloodborne is on PC

just tested Playstation now on PC. Before you can login with your PS now credentials, I had to confirm my age. Otherwise, I was constantly redirected to the login page. After entering my age, login worked.

Other than that, no hassel. Bloodborne works fine on PC ;) Now I need to find the strength to play through the game. Issues I have: it is dammned hard, I am a souls player hiding behind his shield. So BB, no shields! And everything is so brown looking and depressing.

As someone who just played BB on his daughters PS4 and likes to use a high stability shield in DS I know it is a pretty sharp learning curve going into BB. I mean in DS I will block once then dodge afterwards and you don’t have that option in BB.

And PS Now is what, $10 a month per person, not a family account? I played BB offline on PS4 because I couldn’t see paying for a second account.

It’s a little ugly (or was a year and a half ago when I tried it) but BB works fine on PC with PS Now. You could probably just about beat it in a week if you played at my pace and did 8 hours a day. That’s if it includes the Old Hunters.

That would be a totally different game, though.

Yeah, there’s no way to make all the different areas connect to each other like Dark Souls. But on the PS5 travel back and forth between worlds and the hub should be effectively instant.

Sure, but similar to what was done with Resident Evil 2 remake, different but true to its source material. I would love that.

I think it could be done. Boletaria castle on top, Stonefang somewhere on the back, Valley of defilement could be reached via Stonefang. Tower of Latria located deep inside the castle and so on … But it would cost money and the will to do it. A kickstarter campaign would be great for it.

A remaster like the latest Shadow of Colossus would be cool too. If nothing else, put it on PS now in a first step.

Totally late to this but this totally passed me by. I am considering getting a controller to play the Uncharted games I missed on my PC now. Anyone use the service? How is it? I understand I need a PS4 controller, a PS3 controller won’t do?