please delete thread thanks

Tom,

As you are not doing Tuesday or Thursday streams any more maybe the community can fill in somehow with different members streaming each week. Obviously you get to approve who gets the opportunity each week. How does that sound for an idea?

Alex

I think that is the important part right there. If you just pimp stuff here and don’t join in the community, that is lame.

Will you be adding this to the forum rules sticky?

Did someone post a bird?

Actually, it used to be in there and I took it out. I don’t want it to seem like folks in the community shouldn’t be sharing with each other what they’re doing, so long as it’s not just spam-and-run. It hasn’t really been a problem, and when someone registers just to spam, it’s easy enough to just delete the spam and send them a note.

And for the record, @justaguy2 is definitely a part of Quarter to Three even if he doesn’t post on the forums. He’s contributed some of my favorite stuff to the front page, he does great streaming (here’s a recent favorite that I would argue is better than playing the actual game), and the video series he used to do is aces. Watch this and tell me he shouldn’t be doing these every week:

But, yeah, I guess it gets messy without some clear distinction between posting and spamming, which can be such a subjective thing. So I have a better idea!

-Tom

What if we had one thread where people could promote their stuff instead of having each person create their own?

Edit: I need to work on my reading comprehension. Thanks, Tom

I’m dying here. That’s great…

Sarah loves this and makes me watch it all the time

That was wonderful.

The other ones are pretty good, too :)

So we’re… not… deleting this topic?

I cannot fathom why you would give a shit*.

* That isn’t crazy

Edit: or passive aggressive ;-)

Just seems weird not to honor the request of the topic starter; @tomchick is a big advocate of the right of forum members to do exactly as they please with their topics. Not in this case?

The problem with deleting topics is that it implicitly deletes everyone else’s posts in the topic. So self-deleting posts is fine and dandy, but self-deleting a topic (with any replies, at least), is … considerably riskier.

I once self deleted a topic on Broken Forum and Lum was like… uhhh people can do that? ;) then promptly turned that feature off.

You have confused me with someone else! I’m an advocate of a thread belonging to everyone who posts in it. I’d prefer to see a thread title frozen to anyone but a moderator after it’s gotten replies. And I’m absolutely against someone being able to delete a thread other people have posted in!

-Tom

well I’ve got some advice
for you little buddy
before you point your finger
you should know
#LEMMESMASH

Great! Now that will be in my head all day. #NotSarcastic

I started a thread in the Everything forum that might help…? :)

EDIT: Words.