Please help my wife just walked him with half her family and served me papers

That’s terrible… I’m so sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourself and consult an attorney of your own before doing anything. You have a lot of friends here and if you need support just reach out I’m sure people will be eager to help

Sounds like some intense family pressure is happening here. So sorry, Jeff. Agree with everyone else’s advice on the lawyer though.

Wow. Sorry to hear about this.

I doubt there is ever a good time for someone to do what she is doing though.

Her sister called my sister who is not in town, and told her to come down to be with me. I don’t know what she said to her but was confused and coming down was not an option. April then said, “Well I did my part bye”. Apparently relieving herself of any conscious if something happened to me. She called my parents to ask what was going on and my extremely fragile father is so upset. I was going to try and spare them somehow so they wouldn’t have to worry about me on top of everything they have to deal with. he’s such a worrier and this is going to weigh on him no matter what I say. This is devastating on so many layers. I care about her deeply and always have. Stood by her through all of her toughest times. Her own Dad passing away, and many internal things she’s had to deal with.

She took the car and I have no transportation.

Jesus fuck she can’t just take the car!

You know where to call if you need a ride somewhere!

Thanks Skip that’s kind of you. She has family that could wheel her around… I don’t. I just don’t understand this.

Where do you live? I’m in St. Louis.

Michigan.

So sorry to hear that, Jeff. You have a place to vent and talk to people here.

But I would strongly echo the other advice. Do not torture yourself trying to find a way to fix this and be sure (many of us have gone through separation / divorce) that things will get better as time goes by.

In the meantime, don’t do anything rash. Get friends to come spend time with you and retain a lawyer.

But most of all, hang in there. You will get through this.

I recommend keeping notes of everything that’s going on and contacting an attorney as soon as possible (I dunno if you’ll get someone tomorrow but it’s possible). If you don’t know who to call you can contact the Michigan Bar and get recommendations from them.

If you need transportation, call an Uber or Lyft or a taxi or whatever - just keep records of what you’re spending on things like transportation. It’s a hassle, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Jeff during the last six weeks I have been going to therapy. Is that an option for you?

I don’t have the money for that kind of thing. I just don’t understand any of this, or why now when I’m at my most vulnerable point emotionally? It’s been hard just keeping it together for my Dad.

I have an appointment Jan 8.

Attorneys have all kinds of ways of structuring their fees. She can’t just do stuff like take the fricking car. I would definitely call the bar and explain your situation.

edit: also, if you are feeling overwhelmed, consider explaining to the therapist and asking if he or she can see you this coming week. They understand that emergencies happen.

Can one of us that knows about such things start a go fund me page for Jeff?

I’ll donate in a heartbeat if someone can set up.

So sorry to hear, Jeff. I’ll echo above, you have lots of folk that care about you.

I am so scared. Everything I’ve always worked for could be lost. The Frop Bog. That helped keep me alive.

Don’t get ahead of yourself, JP. Try to focus on yourself. Try to calm down. You have a lot of support here. We love you, man.

Jeff you are in my thoughts.