Please talk me out of a PS4 right now: resistance waning...

:)

I still have my PS3 slim, I need to play Uncharted 3 and God of War 3 yet! Heh…

I never use my PS4. In fact, I lent it to my friend several months ago and haven’t bothered to get it back.

Does that help?

I use my PS4 Pro all the time. Coupled with an LG OLED and surround sound, it’s a fantastic experience with cinematic games like Uncharted 4 and Detroit Become Human. Totally worthwhile purchase for me.

And I mean, come on… Spider Man! Can’t wait for that.

Well, if I lived in a palace surrounded by international supermodels as you apparently do then I wouldn’t think twice. ;-)
(that was a dig at the OLED TV) 4k HDR?

YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO YOURE NOT MY MOM

Thanks for taking the time to make this list, I’ve bookmarked it!

The other benefit of visiting these games now , is most of the older ones are like $20.

Only get it if you’re gonna use it. My PS4 has run Yakuza 0 and Disgaea 5. That’s it.

Wow, really? What did you buy it to play? Was it a one and done kind of thing?

Horizon Zero Dawn. I don’t hate the system, but just find most games I’d rather be playing on my PC either due to higher performance or not wanting to pay fees to play MP

I did the exact same thing. Played a fair amount of HZD, Bloodbourne, and The Last of Us, but now it gathers dust now that my new Alienware PC garners all of my attention. PS4 is a decent enough machine, but I get tired of gamepad-only gaming, no free online gaming, and the lack of cool indy titles. Not sorry I got it, just never been much of a console gamer.

If it makes anyone feel better, we barely touch our Switch and Xbox either. PC FOREVER

PS4 has been great for me for Styx, Monster Hunter, Overcooked, Flower, The Jack Pack Party games were a hit too, and it is now my primary streaming device in the main room… except because Sony can’t stop sucking it is not my primary music device… but it could have been! I also have surround sound which is just awesome…d

I think someone thinking about PS4 now should buy it, but I think were just think the holiday season might offer good bundles on the Pro which it did not do last year.

I’m 8 months into PS+, and have not installed any of the games. Odds are that the last 4 months aren’t going to do any better. Most people here have a accumulated a deep backlog of games they really want to play. The kind of mediocre two year old AAA games that Sony can scrape up just aren’t going to compare well.

So for me it’s just obviously a bad deal, except for needing it for multiplayer. Papageno seems to be in a similar situation: tons of unplayed games on the PC, and mainly interested in exactly the kind of high-profile Sony first-party titles that won’t be on PS+ for 3-4 years, if ever.

I’ve got a similar backlog. I mean, I feel like this is an argument in favor of something like PS+. With a big backlog, you might as well wait for the AAA games to show up on discount or subscription services. PS+ costs $50/year–not really a huge investment. And the list of games that the service has provided is pretty large. We’ve gotten some of our most-played games this way: Rocket League, Little Big Planet 3, Tearaway Unfolded, Driveclub and lately Trackmania Turbo. Clearly ymmv, but it’s not an obvious bad deal for everyone. I think it’s a pretty good value.

I think it would really depend on how much into multiplayer one is, and whether the games are yours for keeps or just for a month or something. Also how deep one’s backlog is.
I think that Windows/PC will be my default platform for the foreseeable future.

They’re yours for as long as you’re a PS+ subscriber. And if you let your sub lapse and then re-sign-up, your games are still there. I have literally hundreds of games available through the service.

What if it doesn’t? Wouldn’t that be funny?

Good grief, I hope the days of idiosyncratic Sony chips are over.

Yeah, it’s so funny how the two major players in the console space have switched positions on this – the PS3 was launched with backward compatibility with PS2 games, the 360 not so much with OG Xbox games. But then Sony dropped compatibility for later models, and Microsoft started incorporating backward compatibility in subsequent versions of the Xbox 360’s OS.

Now both current gen consoles are x86 based, aren’t they?

The 360 has compatability with a lot of OG Xbox games, but it can be a little buggy and not terribly performant, quite different from what they’ve got going on with the bone.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/legacy-devices/original-console/play-original-games