Polish PM Not Happy With Kerry Debate Snub

http://drudgereport.com/dnc58.htm

POLISH PRESIDENT SLAMS KERRY AFTER DEBATE SNUB

Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski has slammed Dem president hopeful John Kerry for not recognizing Poland’s contributions and sacrifice to the war in Iraq.

“It is sad that a senator with 20 years of experience does not recognize Polish contribution. This is immoral,” Kwasniewski told FACTS in an interview commenting on the US Presidential Debate.

“It is sad that a senator with 20 years of experience underestimates Polish sacrifice, this is sad.”

The Polish President added however that one should consider this was a part of the ongoing electoral campaign.

“I do not think this was out of ignorance,” the president emphasized on the TVN Facts.

“There is one thing which should be stated clearly: this coalition is not just the United States, Great Britain, Australia alone; it also involves participation of Polish, Ukrainian, Bulgarian and Spanish soldiers who have died. It is immoral not to recognize the involvement we contributed based on our conviction that there should be unity in fighting terrorism, that there was a need to display international solidarity and that Saddam Hussein was a dangerous individual of this world.”

“President Bush acted like a real Texan gentleman, he made sure to show appreciation for other countries’ involvement in the coalition,” Kwasniewski pointed out.

MORE

The outspoken Kwasniewski raised alarms at the White House earlier this year after he told a group of European reporters: “But naturally I also feel uncomfortable due to the fact that we were misled with the information on weapons of mass destruction.”

Whoops. Not the start to re-kindling international relations Kerry had hoped for, I suspect.

Take it back or our premature withdrawal of troop support for this other president will become even more premature!

In a recent European poll, Poland was the only nation that favored Bush over Kerry. Just an FYI.

Eh. Drudge.

Yeah… you wouldn’t want to piss off Poland. They recently developed beet throwing capabilities. Very deadly.

No way?

I want to see that poll.

The reason Poland’s withdrawing it’s 2500 troops (which is more than Spain sent and only 500 behind Italy), is because of huge public discontent with the Iraq situation.

I don’t understand. Now they want our leaders to pass a global test, or is this another right-wing flip-flop?

I want to see a reliable translation…

http://www.youforgotpoland.com/

What is Poland’s official animal and/or famous figure?

Can we have a NEVAR FORGET animated GIF for them?

Clearly this guy is just another right-wing neocon Republican. In Poland. Uh…

What a sad, lame attempt at a troll.

the sad part about the for poland line is that kerry was talking about the countries involved in the actual invasion, while poland came in after.

I don’t doubt that any soldiers they sent are fine brave men and all, but wtf, who cares? The additional logistics and firepower or whatever from them couldn’t possibly help one way or the other.

So, whoopie do, it’s not like there are tons of PMs in europe that love Bush.

It’s called politics boys. You’re under pressure to withdraw your troops. You want the big guns in the states to save face. You blame it on Kerry. Do you seriously think they’re withdrawing their troops because the challenger in the presidential campaign a) dissed them and b) didn’t actually diss them because they didn’t have any troops in the invasion?

Could someone explain what it is exactly that Kerry said (or didn’t say) that upset the Polish?

Does any of the contestants have a clue where Poland is on a World Map? :D

Tim,

At one point during the debate, Kerry was criticizing Bush for not garnering more international support for the war in Iraq. During the discussion, he mentioned the UK and Australia as allies in the coalition but neglected to mention Poland.

At first he said the coalition lacked allies in general, but the specific point was:

Secondly, when we went in, there were three countries: Great Britain, Australia and the United States. That’s not a grand coalition. We can do better.

Which is true, in a way, Poland didn’t have troops in Iraq until afterwards. I don’t know if they had assured support at a later date at that time.

Seems a bit sensitive from my perspective. Kerry is correct. He made sure of that with his qualifier, “when we went in”. He could have expressed more information, by including the names of the countries that promised troops, and those that had joined up with the coalition. But when someone has only two minutes to answer a question, it seems a bit petulent to get upset with them when they don’t mention your name out of a list of 45 other countries.

What a sad, lame attempt at a troll.[/quote]
You’re an ass. It was a sad and lame attempt at humor. Read it aloud with, like, pauses where the punctuation occurs and stuff. And then kind of draw out the “uh…” as the ellipse indicates.