Pomplamoose - The Hyundai Christmas Music Duo

I was wondering who they were. Glad to see them getting a little fame and success.

She’s totally right about that salad.

Yeah, but she is part of the problem. As long as there are people who will pay $40 for salad and cheese…salad and cheese…there will be people selling salad and cheese for $40.

Perzackly. If you go shopping and you spend 40$ on a salad and some cheese, and then later you’re disgusted with yourself, exactly who is to blame? I’ve spent some pretty hideous amounts on fancy food, but you know what? I did some research and made sure it would be worth it, and it was.

H.

I don’t even remotely get that.

Sometimes Bob isn’t really gettable, it’s just abstract weirdness. First he takes the word waaaay too seriously, then he parties/fights with sentient pineapple beings.

H.

A normal person understands this. I think she’s too dim to make that connection.

Oh god. Urge to kill rising.

What exactly was the point of that, you doe-eyed vacuous muppet? Was it a feeble attempt at guilt-driven cultural commentary, perhaps with a deliciously ironic side of griping about the privilege implied in something that you just did? Misguided bitching about the “way things used to be”? A stealth attempt to tell all her adoring fans that she’s able to buy $40 salad and cheese?

Christ. If you don’t want to pay $40 for salad and cheese, just don’t fucking shop at places that require you too, ffs. Your friendly local megamarts still exist, you know. I can go down to the corner and buy a bag of salad and a block of cheese for about $5.

Why did I watch this? Why am I in this thread? Gah!

You know, she looks quite a bit like Michael Cera. We may be entering a cultural rubber-room phase, were everything has to be rounded off and made squishy for our own safety. I weep for the Matthew McConougheys of the world.

That pic of Ellen Page needs to be on lesbianswholooklikejustinbieber.com.

I thought that website was created BECAUSE of that Ellen Page pic.

Wait, so one of those two actually likes girls? Hawt.

H.

Ah but did she say how much salad she bought for $40?

At some point she mentions that she ended up buying at least 5 things. She also doesn’t mention what kind of cheese she bought, which can get very expensive. Oh, and she also whinges about how she doesn’t know anything about food or wine like it’s someone else’s fault.

I first heard of them from a link on WoWInsider of all places. It was Little Things, a sweet song well arranged. I’ve tried some of Nataly’s bass parts, and it has made me appreciate both her manual dexterity and the harmonic complexity of their arrangements. Fortunately for me, I hadn’t heard of hipsters outside of the 1940s and don’t care about whether someone who is not me is a hipster or not, so I just get to enjoy the music for what it is.

I have my “Old Daniel Amos Fan” t-shirt ready to go for when they hit it big and sell out.

That woman’s voice is positively soulless.

Really? How many packs of cigarettes a day would she need to smoke before her voice had “soul?” I guess being able to sing takes a back seat to emoting for you?

Whether it’s your style or not you have to appreciate their musicianship, something usually lacking in internet sensations.

If I’m going to appreciate somebody solely because of their musicianship, they’ve got to be Dream Theater-level.

Unfortunately, debates about pop music in general, and Pomplamoose in particular, are cultural and ideological rather than musical.