PopCap making a full-on STRATEGY game with ZOMBIES!

Very reluctantly, I assure you.

Yep I got my gold trophy last night and I really think this is my favorite game I’ve played this year.

I want a sequel.

Why wasn’t PopCap allowed to use that title? Legal issue?

Please make this list available. I’m disappointed Lawn didn’t make it into the game as the other two did.

Okay, so, I’m finished with my first run through Adventure Mode. That was easier than I thought it would be. Fun as hell, and I could definitely play through it again right away.

The minigames are killing me, though. Especially the darn bobsled one. Was Adventure Mode just a training run for the rest of the game?

The minigames + all the finite survival/zombie modes is pretty much the second half of the game.

I passed a lot of fun minigames on the first try – I really wish some of them had a difficultly progression like they did for zombie and survival modes.

$6.99 for this (thanks, Big Fish Games!) now seems like a steal. I like a good bargain as much as anyone, but this is such a good value for the money it feels like I’ve ripped someone off.

Got the gold trophy today. Now, I’m going to get the 10-seed-slots with a few runs through Last Stand, and run back through adventure mode.

Wintermelons rule. My last survival roof level had 3 freezemelons & 1 cactus per row, 4 umbrella plants for bungies, a few magnets, a front of tallnuts, and most zombies didn’t make it past the first column.

On other levels, I’m liking the gloomshroom + garlic + spikerock combo in front, with some wintermelons in the back.

I am curious. Is this game exclusively digital distributed ?

How is the sales figure? This could be the pushover at the tipping point of retail vs digital.

I mean, this is the perfect game to do it. It is casual-friendly, sub-giga size, positively reviewed and low price point.

For the moment, yes. But all of PopCap’s games have started off being digitally distributed, with retail coming a bit later.

I think people around here are pretty happy with its performance.

finished it last night and going through a second time. damn walnut bowling second time through is killing me though. was a breeze the first time. difficulty must ramp up each play through

Let the zombies come forward as much as possible while reserving the exploding nuts. Regular nuts hit multiple times if you bounce them off of a lead zombie, so let them come out and go for the front one, always.

H.

thanks will try. that makes a lot of sense. i love this game

I managed to get my girlfriend hooked on this game pretty easily. Still working on my siblings though…On my second playthrough of adventure mode right now.

My girlfriend got the gold trophy before I did… and I purchased the game on release day. I’ve given up on the game… was my life for about a week and a half, but I just don’t feel inspired to go through all the survivals with the only reward being survival endless. Also the Tree of Wisdom sounds boring… mine is quite high but I’m uninspired when I bought every item within a week of the game coming out.

Yeah, I learned this lesson the hard way as well. I actually wasn’t aware cards stored up at first, so discovering that (and saving those precious exploding nuts) really helped. Realizing that it was ok to let the zombies come close also helped too.

On the roof, I like sunflowers in the third rank, then wallnuts on the first flat column with flat shooters behind them. Fill in the rest with pults, magnets, etc. The little umbrella plants are pretty darn useful, I’ve realized. Two or three makes the bungees toothless, especially if you group your high-dollar plants together so that you only have to replace sunflowers. Garlic lanes help, too.

H.

I love Kernelpults. They’ve become my weapon of choice on the ground, now, as well as the roof.

I definitely know that feeling but I’m still having fun messing around with a second run through of Adventure mode. Endless Survival is fun to try also…

I finally got around to the demo this weekend and was hooked after 15 minutes. I got it for $9.99 on Steam, which seems like a steal to me. I’ve never played a tower defense game, but this one had my full attention this weekend. I got up Sunday morning and played 3 1/2 hours straight. That’s very rare for me, but there is something crazily addicting about P v. Z.