Portal 2 Announced

I hope there’s a lot of behind the scenes info on the ARG and ensuing pre-launch fallout.

When is that coming out ? I must read it!

Wha? Which level was that? Bundy and I finished up yesterday and I don’t recall us doing that. Hugging, yes. Flipping off GLaDOS, yes. Laughing at a particularly amusing death of our comrade, yes. Dropping while holding hands, no.

Much agreement about the ‘aha!’ moments. A great feeling. Reminded me of playing Interactive Fiction with a buddy back in the day. “Try searching under the bed.”

Anyone want to play co-op? I’m jasoncross on Steam. Add me! (let me know who you are when you add me).

Think of it the high list price as a marketing incentive for the inevitable steam sales.

Just tried adding you and it says user not found, copy paste.

I had the same problem trying to add you Jason.

Anyone who wants to do co-op on the PC with me my steam name is distauma

Well my room mate just finished the co-op… by herself.

I’m looking for some co-op action myself. I’m in the steam qt3 group, as Sluggo.

I was getting some micro hitching every 5-10 seconds that was just noticeable enough to bother me. Here’s a thread with a workaround:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21949162

I was running at 75 hz so I set mine to 74.9. I think it’s one of those engines where things don’t run in sync, like the Bethesda games. The workaround might cause its own problems, I’m not sure. Worked for me so far.

Erik, two words: Pilkington Portal 3.

I’m up for coop as well if anybody is interested. I’m Keemz on Steam.

It would have been nice to see a Pilkington cameo (one of the personality spheres, maybe?), but I think a full game around him would be a hard sell.

Merchant was an inspired choice though, I loved hearing quintessential merchantisms like “man alive” or absolute dynamite" in a video game.

Try “jasoncross” instead. I think Steam lets you have a “name” but it’s not your account name. All I know is it says “JasonC” on my community page.

The “Random facts” sphere would have been perfect. Damn.

I need to get some coop going too - hanzii on Steam

I have played the coop with some random internet dude.

The interaction betwen the two robots is incredible limited, but also incredible rewarding.

Anyway is what you suppose you could get from a coop puzzle. If your partner know the solutions, you are just following.

I have read “The Final Hours of Portal 2”… humm… I think I have already played a unreal-based indie game with portals + time. So thats not new.

Is that cool or kind of sad? I’m conflicted.

Good to know it can be done. I was trying to get my wife to try, but that looks like a failure.

I finished the coop yesterday with a friend. Was fun, there were a good deal of laughs with deaths, and it went for some 5 hours.

Of course, it’s true that the nature of the gameplay makes it less satisfying if you play with someone smarter than you that resolves every puzzle before you.