Possible 'Frasier' revival?

It is understandable that they want to set this up with a new cast of characters. But one of the great pleasures of the show was Niles providing an odd, slightly skewed younger snootier reflection of Frasier.

I get that his politics are on the Right, but is he an outspoken Trumper/Big Lie promoter or something? Seems as though if that were the case he might not have gotten this deal. Plus in his particular case, being on the Right might be informed by the horrific personal experience of having his younger sister murdered in early adulthood.

But hey, different strokes. I loved the old series so much I want to see what they do with this. Fingers crossed.

I missed the first iteration of the Frasier character, for the most part. I watched the occasional episode of Cheers, at random. I mostly just remember it as the Kristie Alley show. But then they put Frasier in a new setting with some new characters around him, and I watched that one from the beginning to end, and loved it. So if they can do it once, I’m sure they could do it again. I hope they succeed.

You wanna bet on a dude making more Frasier? Money Plane has you covered.

Money Plane?

Only the greatest quote in movie history

Also the subject of one of the greatest Half in the Bags

Well, he’s an open Trump supporter and defender…

Not as much appreciating specifics of what Trump did, but the fallacious belief that any disruption of traditional government is a positive thing.

He even launched his own failed right-wing cable/streaming network back in pre-Trump years.

I don’t demand my entertainers share my beliefs. But he’s a vocal proponent of very harmful views, so nah, I’ll just enjoy the memories of the original Frasier.

Also, Frasier without Niles is like Jay without Silent Bob.

To be fair that was three years ago. Three years ago my Mom and step Dad were pro trump. They are very much not any longer.

I’m going back to Bahston, to Bahston, to Bahston

Whoa, they got James Burrows on to direct? That gets my attention.

I didn’t see it, but my son told me Kelsey Grammer had posted a picture of the pilot and it’s titled The Good Father which I thought was kind of an amazing title for the first episode.

EDIT: We just about have to get a camea from at least Danson at some point, right?

Do we have any idea what service this is going to end up on? I mean, I’m not hopeful that it’ll be any good. While I did enjoy a couple of the short-lived sitcom outings Grammer made post-Frasier (particularly the one with Patricia Heaton) I don’t think any show can capture the magic of one of the best 1990s/early 2000s sitcoms, right up there with Seinfeld.

Peacock, I would assume. But who knows?

Frasier was originally going to be set in Denver, because they wanted to get far away from Boston. Helps establish it as its own show and a good reason why Cheers characters didn’t swing by all the time.

But then Colorado enacted some nasty anti-gay legislation and the creators moved the setting to Seattle.

But, yeah, moving back to Boston opens the entire Cheers cast unless they write some reasons to omit them. Same with the bar. Can’t imagine they’ll have the bar.

I feel though by returning to Boston, they kind of HAVE to have the bar? Obviously they can just say it got bulldozed? Though I feel that would be a pretty sad excuse.

Paramount+ according to the above article, I think.

I’d love to see Dansen or Perlman or Ratzenberger or, heck, any of those folks play a cameo role. I’m pretty much watching the new Night Court just to see what John Larroquette is up to these days.

I recorded an episode of the new Night Court just last week, haven’t watched it yet. Is it OK? I think Melissa Rauch of TBBT plays the judge (using her normal voice, I hope).

Is it ok? Yes, that’s a decent description. It won’t blow you away, but it’s comforting enough I think if you were a fan of Night Court. Like audio/visual mac ‘n cheese.