Post-Trump Republican Party

He’s actually about to be indicted for obstructing the investigation into the Trump-Putin love circle and is gonna be campaigning hard for early release in 2028.

Eric Cantor did, but that was part of his losing the leadership position.

Maybe he’s going to take a skip year and hitchhike around Europe.

Well I’ve been up to Paris
And I’ve slept in a park.
Went down to Barcelona
Someone broke in my car

Didn’t he just lose a primary election and get booted?

No running for re-election sounds like he’s seeking another office. Quitting mid way through 2017? Either something personal like a health problem, a scandal. And then there’s the conspiracy stuff that was floating around a couple weeks ago that sounded completely absurd at the time but is probably marginally more plausible now – the Russians were pressuring Chaffetz to tank the Trump investigation and the FBI got wind of this pressure.

Not running for re-election sounds like he’s seeking another office. Quitting mid way through 2017? Either something personal like a health problem, or a scandal. Or maybe somebody else is quitting because of a scandal and he needs to run immediately.

And then there’s the conspiracy stuff that was floating around a couple weeks ago that sounded completely absurd at the time but is probably marginally more plausible now – the Russians were pressuring Chaffetz to tank the Trump investigation and the FBI got wind of this pressure.

Probably needs a mooncycle in the regeneration pod to keep his human skin passable in daylight.

We had a local state assemblyman quit mid-term here. A liberal democrat (is there any other kind in California), he went to work as a lobbyist. He recently was in the news for switching to lobbying for some oil organization. Don’t you love it when people stick to their principles.

This is so weird.

That’s the subtitle for 2017, ain’t it?

Chaffetz just said, no, there’s ABSOLUTELY NO SCANDAL or anything else forcing him out.

But as to what he’s doing next - well, he’d like to be on TV, or on a board. Or maybe a race car driver. Who knows? Does he have anything concrete lined up? Well, not as such, not right at the moment, no.

No doubt 25 years ago he was telling his buds no, he ABSOLUTELY DID NOT flunk out of school. He just came back after midterms to live in his Mom’s basement so he could weigh his many, many job opportunities.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/855173907984285697

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/855174321362391042

TMI dude!

Wait what? He said that enema thing?

I’m sure Ryan convinced him he had to undergo regular enemas in order to sit on his committee. It was just a prank, bro!

Maybe the stuff piling up against Trump is getting so big that he figures he can’t not investigate it, but doing so would be political suicide

He really did. Though he’s just really shitty at metaphors, not, you know, into it.

I suppose that’s not mutually exclusive.

[quote=“HumanTon, post:136, topic:126578”]
Though he’s just really shitty[/quote]
I hear an enema can help with that.

[quote=“Ginger_Yellow, post:138, topic:126578, full:true”]

If an enema removed all the shit from Chaffetz, would there be anything left?

Shit-stained Mormon garments?

He did. I must be thinking of someone else.