Post your pet!

Any self-respecting cat knows how to trick humans into letting it into Ft. Knox without lifting a finger… err… whatever you call a digit on a paw.

"Hey man, like, wanna paw on down to Timex’s place? I hear he has a bumper crop of catkush going right now. "

Man, that post is just full of autocorrect garbage.
Whatevs.

Last summer there were literally 4 neighborhood cats just flopped out in my lawn stoned.

I’m not sure why I find that so funny but the thought of all the cats just laying there and rubbing themselves with catnip seems absolutely hilarious.

He looks so happy jumping in that second pic, like he’s actually smiling.

Great action pics there sir.

Emmy (Emerald) has been with me for 10 years.

Our dog Yuki (foreground) was reunited with his brother Molo, last weekend. They were both rescue dogs from Korean K9 Rescue, and hadn’t seen each other since last August.

Both families were super excited! The brothers were decidedly non-plussed.

“Sup.”
“Sup.”

Boots gets fixed today. Please pour one out tonight in memory of Bootsy’s little boys.

Mabari has discovered the joys of mud. Which means she then discovered the lesser emotions associated with post play baths.

You have to post a cone of shame pic.

My dog, Surrey, seeking safety after the great “bathtrayal” :) She was NOT happy.

We trained our dogs to deal with baths using a copious amount of treats during bath time, both for the dog in the bath, as well as the dog who’s still waiting their turn.

My lab will now walk over to the bath and do this sort of head-flick he has that says “You see this? This bathtub? Treats come from there. Let’s get that thing going!” and sometimes even just jumps in without treats in sight. He is a bit of a water dog, so that’s not too surprising. My other dog adopts more of a freeze and get it over with attitude, and needs to be lifted in, but then she puts up with it, eats her treats, and seems to be fine with it afterwards.

It might be worth mentioning that my lab is a bit of a “roller” - if something stinks and we run across it on our walk, he’s gonna want to bring some of that smell with him everywhere. Rotten fish is a favorite. So he HAD to get used to baths, because when he was younger rolling was a weekly occurrence.

That’s fantastic. Any tips on getting pets to accept teeth brushing? My first dog was ok with it. My current one hates it.

One of my dogs is OK with it, and the other (the lab) tends to eat my wife’s fingers. I’ve got no good answers there. Our vet suggested using a bit of gauze wrapped around a finger and rubbing it against the outside of their teeth (instead of trying to jam your hand or a device in there.) That seems to be helpful.

Heh, I guess they’re just like people. Some don’t like seeing a dentist. The first dog got into it because I used beef flavored toothpaste although it was mostly him licking it all up while I tried to sneak in jabs with the toothbrush.

Hmmm, maybe I need to up the stakes and find bacon flavored toothpaste.

Get a finger brush.

But before you use it, just start giving the dog little dabs of the toothpaste (showing off the tube) as a treat. Squish little bits onto the finger brush and offer it with that. That way, they get used to (and like) the tube and the brush itself.

Eventually, start pushing your finger a little into their mouth when offering the treat. After a while, you can more or less sneak in a brushing while giving them goodies. This takes a while, but it makes it easier.

y u move?

When we cleaned out the closet of our old apartment to move to our new house.

Steve, enjoying the new home on “his” bed.