Post your pet!

The nobility of that cat, a term I do not use lightly, is only slightly ruined by the tie dye sheet.

LOL - Thanks, I needed that.

Good looking girl there.

Iā€™m curious what the ā€œmystifyingā€ issues are. This is a pretty good hivemind, lots of experience with cats. Hell, Iā€™ve had 8 in my life, 3 at the moment. Iā€™ve seen a whole lot of cat issues.

So periodically, sheā€™s losing bladder control, getting blood in her urine, and then having diarrhea in uncontrolled bursts. She goes to the vet, gets put on a number of meds, things return to normal, and 3 or 4 weeks later, it triggers again. Vet, drugs, fine for a while, then again. Rinse, wash, repeat. Weā€™re now on some uber powerful antibiotic, but the vet confessed we donā€™t have an answer.

Weā€™ve done x-rays, all different kinds of blood panels, urinalysis, food changes, etcā€¦ No dice (even the urinalysis shows no crystals or infection, yetā€¦ we occasionally get blood). Iā€™ve gone behind my vetā€™s back and obtained a second opinion (and set of tests). Same. Both vets wound up saying the only thing left is exploratory and possible biopsy, but there are really patently obvious reason for them to say no; it would be a high risk procedure due to her age with no guarantee of benefit, if thereā€™s a growth then doing so could inadvertently cause complications, and the cost would be extreme regardless. Several theories exist; something in the central nervous system (which they admit wouldnā€™t explain the blood), some kind of growth which we havenā€™t been able to pick up, some kind of poison sheā€™s mysteriously getting into, a Xenomorph is growing inside her, etcā€¦

Itā€™s exceedingly frustrating, because everything seems to say sheā€™s in perfectly fine healthā€¦ except when itā€™s the exact opposite and Iā€™m almost sure sheā€™s about to die.

That is indeed an odd one. Poison of some type comes to mind firstā€“maybe from an inadvertant source, like a floor cleaner he walks on and then licks his paws. Sorry, just trying to imagine, Iā€™m sure youā€™ve thought of everything I might.
Our tomcat Maus was always listless when we first got him. The vet finally said ā€œchronic anemiaā€ and prescribed prednisone and a grain- free diet. Damned expensive cat, but heā€™s my wifeā€™s baby.

@Giles_Habibula Iā€™d post more pictures of Scotch, but after a while they all look the same. I mostly stopped taking pictures. Here are some of the latest.

Plus one of our office dog after he spent some time in some red dirt.

Those are great, @Lamalo!
Julie will be thrilled when she sees these tomorrow.
(Please donā€™t stop taking pictures. Sheā€™s infatuated with Scotch.)
Thank you!

Edit: What is the office dogā€™s name? Julie will definitely be asking, and if I donā€™t ask now, Iā€™ll have to do it later.

First of all, I really loved your story!
I still havenā€™t got another cat since my last (and only) one passed away in 2015, but reading that made me feel strongly that I need one in my life again. My cat was magical to me, and your post brought it all back in a flood. So thanks.

Secondly, my god man, you must be worried sick! And kudos to you for spending all of the time and money trying to get to the bottom of it all. I know many people IRL that wouldnā€™t have bothered. Clearly, you love Rain, and for what itā€™s worth (Iā€™m kind of agnostic, more or less), Iā€™ll say my own version of a prayer that things work out. Excuse me for feeling a bit emotional right now, but I am looking forward to many more Rain stories from you in the years to come.

That goes for the rest of you as well. I donā€™t comment on every single story someone posts here, but trust me; I do read and greatly enjoy each and every one of them! Keep 'em coming. They keep my heart going, man.

Poly. And sometimes, Ratty Poly

It makes me feel better to know our story connects like that, and youā€™re welcome. Cats are amazing creatures (if maddening at times), and I think youā€™ve hit the perfect time of year to bring a new one home.

Very much so. Thanks to both you and @BennyProfane for asking. Right now itā€™s an endless stream of meds and guesswork. I figure as long as she has the will to live, Iā€™m going to do all I can to make it happen and make it as happy and fun for her as possible.

I would have mentioned earlier, but I just didnā€™t. Iā€™ve shared your story multiple times because it really is cute. As for hiding under the bedā€¦ ehh, I had a co-worker who was married to a fireman onceā€¦ I had to tell her to stop telling me stories about fires and pets. My kitty has one hiding place I am unaware of that I need to figure out, otherwise heā€™s the first thing I grab during my planned escapes for stuff like that. Under the bed is his number one.

Thatā€™s awesome to hear, Nesrie! Yeah, we made a pact back when we first got her: cat first and foremost. After that story, we talked a bit about how weā€™d handle a real fire with her. Our idea was to put her in a pillow case to help shield a bit from smoke and keep her securely in hand while we made a run for it.

Itā€™s kind of ugly, but I have my pet carrier handy in the second living room space. Itā€™s there for easy and quick access. If thatā€™s not available for some reason, yeah a pillow case would do it. Even if I didnā€™t mind my arms being shredded, I wouldnā€™t able to hold him and their instinct is to hide. Heck my remaining kitty darts under the bed any time someone comes to the door. Heā€™s just got one spot right now no one can find him, and I gotta figure out where that is. He goes there when I have someone cat sitting while I away. They may never see him for the entire week because of it but my online camera shows me comes out when they are not there.

I love that dog.

Meet the new member of our family. He is a 3-year old pug that I have adopted from an animal shelter. It seems like he is having so much fun outside the dog cage. I am so glad that we got a kind and sweet dog at home.

Thanks. :)p

2 cats, 4 years, and neither one would use the kitty hut or the hammock, then he just so out of the blue one night while I am playing Stardew Vally on the couch.

Heā€™s a beauty Nesrie. My cat also has a spot a canā€™t figure out. I swear Iā€™ve checked every space big enough to fit a cat but every once in a while she is just gone. And then just reappears.

Itā€™s insane right? My friends want me to get a kitty cam so I can find it. My house is not hugeā€¦ but I just canā€™t figure out that one spot he goes to I canā€™t find. And the little shit will listen to me call for an hour and not respond at allā€¦ as soon as I sit down on the couch to play a game, heā€™s on me for pets.

Well it wouldnā€™t be a hiding place if you knew where it was, right? Iā€™m constantly amazed how one of my cats, the size of dogs, can find a hiding place.