Post your pet!

I missed this photo but just wanted to remark how convenient it is that you can just roll the vacuum over your dog and then park it back up against the wall.

I laughed at my cat Jasmine today. Not a great focus, as i was a long way away, but damn if I didnā€™t laugh.

Spoiler:

Summary

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Previous closeup

I like cats that look like mutts. LOL

Theyā€™re the best!

Nice, I canā€™t blame her either. This is the first really nice day in a few weeks.

I like how Jasmine is just looking fully relaxed up there on the roof and in the sun.

I love how when cats get up somewhere like that they give you a look like, ā€œoh, by the way, this is a thing now. Iā€™ll be up here a lot. Mostly.ā€

Dude, everytime itā€™s sunny itā€™s meow meow meow open the fucking door already.

But Daaaaaaad. Itā€™s really nice out and I have to go out right noooooooow.

I just went through a nightmare with my dog Chewie. Last Thursday, I noticed Chewie hadnā€™t eaten all day. I wasnā€™t too concerned but I kept an eye on him. On Friday, after I returned from a doctors appointment, I found that he still hasnā€™t eaten and had regurgitated, with blood in the vomit. I was, of course, very worried and ended up taking him to an emergency Vet clinic, since my vet was closed for the day. They were terrible. Extremely expensive and didnā€™t even give me a diagnosis. They mentioned pancreatic cancer and suggested a very expensive raft of tests. I told them that I would prefer to get my Vets opinion and refused the tests. They then hit me with a $350 bill and threatened to hold my dog until I paid in full, gave me some pills when I did and sent me on my way. I took Chewie to my vet the following morning. After a thorough check up, he determined that Chewie had eaten something bad that made him very sick. I caught some neighbor kids feeding him through the fence on Wednesday, something Iā€™ve asked them not to do before, so I guess they must have fed him something bad for dogs. I know they didnā€™t intend to hurt him, the kids all love Chewie, they just didnā€™t know any better. Anyway, the doc gave Chewie a few antibiotic shots and some meds to help control the vomiting and diarrhea, since Chewie refused to eat anything including pills. Chewie finally ate something Monday. It was only a few bites of boiled chicken but he kept it down and that was very encouraging. You know how itā€™s the little things that make you happy? On Tuesday Chewie ate a bowl of rice and chicken. With gusto. And he kept it down. I have never been happier to see a dog eat. He isnt 100% yet but last night he brought me his ball and wanted to play. He only lasted for a few throws but it was good to see him playful again. He also barked at the mailman, which was the first time he vocalized since last Thursday. I updated with the vet and he said that Chewie should recover fully and will be ok. Anyway, beware emergency dog clinics, Ive never experienced a more mercenary business in my life. Fortunately I had an excellent vet to fall back on. I also lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on that clinic. It probably wont do anything but if it even stops one person from going there, its worth it.

First, glad to hear Chewie is okay, Rshetts.

Second: damn it, if you are going to post a story like that, you are required to give us a picture!

Iā€™m glad that it turned out ok! Another avenue to warm people is to go on Google maps, find the business and leave a 1 star review.

Iā€™m glad Chewie is OK. FWIW, not all emergency vet clinics are rip offs. The one weā€™ve used is a legitimate veterinary hospital and is tied in with our regular vetā€™s practice. No doubt that makes a big difference.

Sorry Here is Chewie the wonder dog.

Man, Chewie looks like a good boy! Glad to hear he is okay and I hope he continues to spring back from that. Maybe talk to the kids or give them treats they can occasionally give Chewie with you, supervised.

I am glad Chewie is okay. The clinic sounds awful; I hope word of mouth works against them too.

Haha, that tongue says ā€œIā€™m a happy dogā€ but those glowing eyes say ā€œIā€™m going to rip your spine out through your mouth while you sleep!ā€

Glad Chewie is going to be OK.

Emergency clinics, even one providing good service, have you by the balls and they know it. Right before we lost Sugar her temperature was so high the vet kept her so she could administer regular ice packs. With the office closing for the night and no one on staff who could stay with her and monitor her temperature every couple of hours, she recommended transferring her to an emergency clinic for the night.

The next morning we were told that there were some developments overnight, none of them good. The prognosis was as bad as can be, and there was nothing more to be done, but ā€œjust in caseā€ the clinic wanted to run some more tests - which would ā€œonlyā€ cost $3500.

Fucking pirates.

Not Chewie. I may be biased but he is the sweetest dog Ive ever known. He has never even growled at anyone. Chewie is the friendliest, happiest dog on the planet.

My dog is also having a bit of a issue with blood in vomit. Itā€™s happened a few times recently. Itā€™s not a lot of blood, butitā€™s got me worried. She also dropped from 30lbs to 25lbs. The vet gave us some special food but I have no idea if it works. Sophie had a fatty tumor on her belly that got removed a few years ago. Not sure if it is related. She seems to be behaving okay, so I dunno. She is 13 years old.

Pic, from a few weeks ago, of all three of our beasts waiting for treats. The puppy is on the left (Caboose), who is now even bigger than that and still growing at eight months.