Post your pet!

Dude, your cat’s arm is broke.

Nah, cats don’t have bones.

Portrait of a sad little pup. She got spayed on Thursday and they removed her rear dewclaws at the same time. Poor little dear is such an active girl, and is being forced into such inactivity. We can’t wait for stitch removal so she can get back to her normal shenanigans.

You crop that last pic a bit and you have a work of art, KK.

Bolt is such a pretty, happy looking puppy, krazy! Congrats!

Smaug, not so much :).

Similar nightime pic of his American cousin(not a pet)

Giant Everglades Burmese Python, with size reference.

My Bichon called fluffy, I would like to claim responsibility for naming her but unfortunately that honour was for my kids.

That’s one determined looking Bichon.

So if folks recall, I got two cats from the SPCA, Max and Claudia. They are doing well, and happy together. Getting them both was the right call, as they seem to entertain each other.

Yesterday, Max was standing on the arm of the couch, waving his paws in the air. He’s pretty good at standing up, apparently. Bear in mind, this is a gig from a bunch of pictures I took of him. He was doing this for a while.

Apparently, there was a ladybug crawling on the ceiling. I have infinite ladybugs around my house, and they tend to come inside when it gets cold.

Anyway, I dunno exactly what max thought he was going to do by waving his paws at it. Maybe he had no depth perception. Max is kind of weird.

I’ve never understood if you ‘own’ this croc, or if it just terrorises your back garden occasionally and you take pics of it.

How does one go about owning a croc?

I imagine it involves rather serious negotiations and tense boardroom struggles.

Did someone like Steve Irwin ever visit and pretend they were in the wild?

I’m sorry @krazykrok, but this was the better answer.
In fact, I’m now looking forward to someone doing a movie with this as a plot point.

For those of you who don’t know,Steve Irwin,and most similar shows, did a lot of pretending, planting “finds” and the like…

Anyone remember “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom?” With Marlin Perkins? Heh.

For some reason I always associated Lorne Greene with that show but a quick search revealed that he had his own nature show.

In keeping with this thread, here’s an old (and terrible) picture of my pet.

I had to put her down eleven years ago and I haven’t been able to have another one since. Can’t go through that again. So I guess this is my pet now:

I’m reminded of this video:

Anyway, I should probably post a pet, given the thread.

I hear you. I had to put my shepherd down a couple of years ago; rips the heart out of you. But we always have dogs; as painful as the losses are, the joys they bring are worth it. But it is always so hard to say goodbye.