Post your pet!

Gosh, that’s a beautiful dog. I’ve always told myself that I’d get another some day. I even have her named picked out already: Scout (named after Jean Louise Finch). I don’t think I’m quite ready yet, even after all of these years. But it will happen one day. I am sure of that.

Amen, brother. Here are my current beasts, though these were taken a year or two ago I think.

Going from a GSD to two standard poodles was interesting but I’m hooked now.

https://forum-cdn.quartertothree.com/uploads/default/original/2X/c/c35eee915842af3b0d1ff47b0e11af7160ef5d84.JPG

Pic is a little dark so it’s hard to tell: Cornsnake or 100 Flower Ratsnake?

Those little guys are awesome. They roll all up your arm and tongue tickle your ears. There’s no need for a ladyfriend!

T’is hilarious walking up to people who are scared of snakes and watching them realize what’s wrapped around your arm.

Sorry, freckles.

I’m not much for having snakes as pets (though I have owned lizards) but those snakes are very pretty. There’s a certain grace and beauty, tinged with (even for non-venomous ones) a bit of danger. Great colors.

Cornsnake. His mum is a film star – She was in Harry Potter!

It took me far too long to realise this wasn’t a disembodied/Photoshopped snake head!

Got a DSLR for Christmas. Learning how to use it.
Gizmo sleepy and annoyed.

Blerp.

Old pictures of my dog and cat. The dog is a Basenji mix. Not sure about the cat.

Have to take the dog into the vet on Monday. She may have a broken toe.

Something kinda weird an funny happened today. I have a yohuahua and a shih-tzu. The yohuahua (yorkie chihuahua mix) is really smart. The shih-tzu is called dopey dog, Today, I’m playing GW2 and I see the yohuahua (Gizmo) running in small circles. On further examination, he has taken his leash and harness out of the basket by the front door. He dropped it on the livingroom floor and is trying very hard to get my attention. So I get up and he runs to the back door. Really excited. Max (dopey dog) follows along.

I open the back door and Gizmo runs out to pee and poop in the yard. Max eventually pees on our fire pit.

So the dog really wanted to go out and, since I’m the stupid one, he had to make it very clear to me that he wanted outside.

On one hand I was a bit grossed out, as usual, about picking up warm poop. OTOH I was really amazed by his intelligence. I took a pic of the leash on the floor and texted my wife. She laughed a lot. Since her new job has been stressful she thanked me for lightening her mood.

BTW, Max’s leash was also on the floor by the basket. He had to move it first to get to his. Wow.

Yeah, ours will watch where you go and what you do, and remember where stuff is. Some research I saw recently seems to show that dogs are able to actually think through stuff enough to put, metaphorically, two and two together to get some approximation of four, in that if you do this, followed by that, they can figure out a sort of causal chain and then use that information to find where you hid stuff or whatever. Pretty cool.

Pffft, my cat just shits on the carpet and looks at you with that ‘see, this is your fault’ look in his eyes.

Last night, there was a bobcat in the neighborhood (we have them, and bears, and fishercats, and goodness knows what else in the spring and fall). Making a god-awful racket. Naturally, the window being open for the window fan, the dogs heard and smelled it all and at like five in the morning were going ape. I tried to tell them, look, you DON’T want to actually MEET that thing, trust me, but noooo, they still agitated like hell to get out there. Needless to say, I could get no more sleep and just went to the gym.

Sundog.

I took a little cat nap today.

Bombs (short for Bombay, her pound name) watching my betta who she desperately wants to eat.

Pup on the left is a pit bull mix of some sort age ~9 weeks. Pup on the right is not really a pup, a pit/rott mix age 4.5 years.

Love your black cat. They have a certain personality about them that comes through in that picture.

That’s one of the few times Max photographed well and you could see him pretty well. Normally his fur just absorbs light and he just looks like a shadow in pictures.

It’s especially hard to photograph​ him with Claudia since she’s white.