Post your pet!

You know, I would have expected that mix to be happy and not-too-bright, but not only is he smart, he has the benefit of looking like a little old Japanese man

There is correlation between brain and body size. It’s called Encephalization quotient.

Intelligence in animals is hard to establish, but the larger the brain is relative to the body, the more brain weight might be available for more complex cognitive tasks. The EQ formula, as opposed to the method of simply measuring raw brain weight or brain weight to body weight, makes for a ranking of animals that coincide better with observed complexity of behaviour.

Gizmo has a rather large head for his body size.

Speaking of a Max.

Before:

After:

So tell me. Did I just get a different dog?

Btw, that was “yappy” which autocorrect changed to happy.

Oh yeah. In that case, yappy works just fine. Car door outside? Yap. Children walking by? Yap. Leaf falls from tree? Yap. Someone has a fleeting thought in Europe? Yap.

We adopted a new puppy a week or so ago. She was billed as a Cattle Dog mix. We’re starting to think her growth curve will put her closer to terrier size though. If so, it’ll be our first small dog. But that’s okay with me as she’s a darn adorable puppy.

Ah yes, the Sundog. A rare phenomenon of nature.

The interior of your house looks nothing like the cockpit of a spaceship.

This is because I live with a non-gamer.

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All

I boarded the dogs a few weeks ago, during recovery from surgery, to make things easier on me.

Took a few pics, on their first day back home:

Yeah, those dark cats can be terribly annoying to get a decent shot of without them swallowing all the light.

Here’s Rory getting a smooch from her big brother. Trust me, she loves it. The things that cat puts up with to just come running back for more…

Rescue kitty, Milo, now abides in our house:

Swore I’d posted in this thread before but I guess not. This is my profile pic with Hamlet, one of our rescues. This one is about a year old.

Here’s another:

Such Elegance, Such Grace

Classic mlem.

A couple weeks ago, while walking my dog through the park, I encountered some neighborhood kids playing with an RC car. He went absolutely gonzo, keening as he strained against the leash to go chase it. I didn’t trust him to not destroy the thing, so I couldn’t let him chase a stranger’s expensive toy. I ordered my own, though, and got a chance to try it out.

As a former racing greyhound, I think he was trained to respond to these kind of electric sounds. It was hard to get video of this and steer at the same time, which is why it’s so short. But he chased until he was dragging. When he caught it, he’d flip it, sometimes shaking it like a rat and tossing it.

We really had a great time.

Wesley meeting baby Alise for the first time.