Post your pet!

Here’s my old guy, just after I setup to start some gaming he crawled up and stole my spot. He’s almost 13 and those back legs are not working too well anymore, I doubt he can still get up there easily. He acts like a puppy though and wants to play constantly.

What a sweetie. Dogs always love the warm spots. Have you thought about getting him some doggie stairs so he can get off\on furniture more easily?

No I haven’t but that’s a great idea I’ll look into some doggie stairs .

I’ve signed my dog up for a fecal matter transplant study through Kickstarter.

I’ve been particularly fascinated with the reporting around the impacts of the microbiome on health, and when I read about one of the Ars Technica writers doing it for his cat, I had to jump in.

Ex-racing greyhounds are said to have “ruined gastrointestinal tracts” resulting from their treatment at the tracks. He suffers from chronic tummy pains and has loose stools even on the best days. I’m hoping this is the recipe for finally fixing that.

I’ll post updates here as they occur.

In which I channel @Misguided

Nice!

Not technically a pet - we’ve had a family of 5-lined skinks living on and around the house for several years.

PUPPY!!! Awwwwwww

If they’re pets then I have hundreds of anole lizards as pets. :)

Yeah but…

a) you live in Florida
b) skinks are hundreds of times more cool than anoles
c) it really is one family - one big male, one big female and every year a new batch of their young (that’s mamma in the photo)

Buddy still acts like a puppy at times but he turned 10 this year. I’m already experiencing a sense of dread, Frenchies don’t usually have long lives. :(

@gruntled can you feed skinks? That one looks pretty large.

They’re pretty skittish (and very very fast). Hard to imagine they’d sit around and let you put a mealworm or cricket right in front of them.
They’re not a species one normally finds in a suburban yard around here, so I’m happy no matter how much @RichVR scoffs at me - may he get accosted by a 7-foot rat snake.

More likely a python.

I agree. I love snakes. Used to own a Burmese python named Buffy. Until she reached about six feet long. Then the wife had had enough and I re-homed her.

Here she is in our old apartment.

Six foot Burmese? That’s barely a yearling…

Yeah, Burmese is not a great pet for someone not ready for a 18-20 foot snake. Get a ball python instead!

Please note, I was perfectly ready for a large snake. The wife was not. I had plans for building an enclosure and feeding issues. She was not so happy. And yes, six feet was still baby size. I miss her.

Your wife, or the snake? :D

Yes.

This is hoshi. Refusing to watch the game, but not refusing to watch the dog treat I was holding up in order to get him to sit still long enough for a photo