Post your pet!

Well, we have used the same vet for, what, twenty years, maybe? So it was an easy decisions to follow his advice.

For my big buddy Beowulf, we laid out a nice cloth (and old mattress pad he found comfy) on the kitchen floor. As he lay down there, I held him and pet him, and our other dog, at the vet’s recommendation, was in there with us. She was pretty subdued, but attentive. The vet administered the shot and I just held my boy until his eyes closed and it was done.

It was all very much better than the last time we had to put a dog to sleep, my wife’s beloved mutt of 15 years, Mothra, who the same vet euthanized but at the office. This was much more personal, and sad as it was, it was more, I don’t know, a sense of proper closure.

I recommend it if you have a vet you know and trust.

I do, and I’ll inquire. I’m getting there pretty fast. My dog is 10, and French Bulldogs are not a long lived breed. My SO’s dog is close to 13 now, but her Chihuahua shows no signs of slowing down.

What exacerbated this was that we took them on a walk this weekend in relatively mild weather. But my dog didn’t even make it 10 minutes in before he was so winded he couldn’t move. That’s nowhere near his usual limit, and it wasn’t in any way hot or humid which is something you always need to be aware of with frenchies. It was pretty overwhelming, I thought I actually might lose him right there in the middle of his walk.

Dogs are such a wonderful gift to us as companions, they attach to our emotions in a huge way. I am not ready to lose my Buddy.

We never are.

So not my pet, but I got to meet this puppy this past weekend.

Such a sweetheart. Her former owners took terrible care of her, so then just left her at a shelter that’s in a partnership with my wife’s sister’s vet clinic. After doing surgery for an intussusception, she’s now recovering nicely, and we’re trying to get her adopted.

We’re REALLY scheming to get my wife’s retired parents to adopt her, ultimately. ;) She’s a bull mastiff, so even at a few months she’s pretty big, and such a sweet dog. Loves people. Hopefully we can get her a good home.

Beautiful brindle color on that puppy! I’ve not yet met a Bull Mastiff that wasn’t as gentle as a lamb, timid even, considering their size. They are wonderful dogs it seems.

That was exactly her demeanor, though we were told it’s because she’s still recovering from surgery, and is getting a bit more energetic every day. Still, we’re told she’ll still be overall very gentle, perfect for the wife’s parents. :)

She is a beauty, that’s for sure! I hope, if your in laws don’t take her that she finds the loving home she deserves.

No, we certainly are not.

Is that your cat, Timex? Looks like a lovey-dovey. Though he also looks like he has the IQ of a rutabaga. We have a tomcat who’s about as bright as a burned-out bulb too. Lovable, but not the sharpest pencil in the box. A Crayon, in fact.

Yeah, we’ll work that angle hard if the other doesn’t work out. We really want her parents to take her because WE LOVE HER AND WANT TO ALWAYS BE ABLE TO VISIT.

This is Bear, my GFs pet, but also my second buddy. My GF is a bit miffed that he has taken to me so well that he sleeps beside me, not her. (Secret: I give him more treats.)

He’s an adorable 13 year-old long haired Chihuahua. This is his, “I’m cute, you should pet me,” pose.

Huh, thanks for the cute pic. I didn’t even know there were long hair Chihuahuas. All the ones I know have short hair.

Bernie I wouldn’t have known either, but my father had one growing up that was a real riot of a pet. Such a funny personality on that dog. As chihuahuas tend to do, he eventually picked a fight with a big dog on our street and ended up losing an eye. I think that actually made him even MORE awesome afterward, as it felt a bit like you had a clumsy pirate following you around the house.

LOL, what a character. My dog is a half terrier half Chihuahua and he’s a piece of work. Very loving when he wants to be, but stubborn and self serving too. Loves humans but has a hard time with most other dogs.

There are a lot of Chihuahuas in my circle of family and friends and they’re all short hair dogs, so that’s why your pic is so interesting to me.

I love chichi mixes, your’s sounds awesome. I saw a Chihuahua / Dachshund mix the other evening, a Chiweenie I think the lady called it. He was an adorably hyper little fella.

My cat admiring the Char in Guild Wars 2. She’s really into the tail animation.

hee… one of my cats also likes watching TV. My old cat King, and my other current cat Max, showed no interest in the TV at all… Claudia is way into it though, to the point where I had to break her of the habit of jumping in front of the TV and swatting at things when I was playing video games.

OMG! So sweet. If you were near me I would add this pupper to my menagerie in a heartbeat.

We were lucky to get her adopted by my brother-in-law’s parents, who absolutely adore her, and gave her a big home with a big yard and kids to play with. It worked out great.

Good for you and great for her. Rescues deserve the best of homes. We must make up for all the bad they went through.