Postal 2 - all sold out?

Whiptail Interactive has announced today that its controversial first-person shooter, Postal 2, is the number one selling PC game at Gamestop and Electronics Boutique, selling out of its initial shipment of 50,000 units. The game did not enter the NPD rankings, which measures sales at a wider sampling of retail outlets. The publisher says the game is currently on back order.

It’s a sad thing that this sells out and while many other games go ignored.

this is crap… I will believe it when I see it…

anyone work at EB who can verify this?

Gamestop and EB still sell PC games?

Last time I went to my local EB, it was selling like hotcakes. They only had one copy left.

But then again, EB has a new return policy that you when you wish to return something, you simply exchange it for the same title (instead of before where you get store credit)

Which means I don’t buy many games and stick to review copies these days.

Lots of copies at the local Future Shops.

It’s interesting. Some EB cashier told me that last week or so. So you can imagine how worried I was after I discovered that Tapout 2 was horrible. I read the receipt and it says that if you have your original sales receipt you can return it (opened or not) within 14 days and get another title of equal value (or pay the difference if higher, or get store credit for less).

I believe it. Why not? This kind of shit sells nowadays unfortunataly.

Yea… why not. At my local EB there is a section that’s dedicated to PC gaming.

Yea… why not. At my local EB there is a section that’s dedicated to PC gaming.[/quote]

my local has them all the waaaay in the back on half a wall.

It’s interesting. Some EB cashier told me that last week or so. So you can imagine how worried I was after I discovered that Tapout 2 was horrible. I read the receipt and it says that if you have your original sales receipt you can return it (opened or not) within 14 days and get another title of equal value (or pay the difference if higher, or get store credit for less).[/quote]

Don’t they have to honor that until they change it unless they post it up somewhere that it’s no longer valid?

The same can be said for BCM Gold. Its hard to find

Anyway, its a crock o’ shit I think. They said the same rubbish about the first Postal selling gazzilion copies when it didn’t even come close.

How do you verify if something has come close to selling a gazillion copies?.. Postal 2 isn’t being published by a bigtime outfit. I wouldn’t be surprised is scarcity is due to slow supply rather than brisk sales.

Ooohhh! :evil:

That makes me so mad I think I’ll go set fire to an EB employee and then … Ah fergettit.

The same can be said for BCM Gold. Its hard to find

Anyway, its a crock o’ shit I think. They said the same rubbish about the first Postal selling gazzilion copies when it didn’t even come close.[/quote]

There was also one little thing I forgot to mention, the EB clerks told me it was selling well :P

But that was a few weeks ago, now its pretty much ‘stale’. I still see a row of Galatic Civilizations there though…somehow.

Did they ask for your pants?

– Xaroc