Predator reboot to be written/direcred by Shane Black

That’s an interesting idea- was Black basing his approach on the marines in Aliens?

I wholeheartedly agree on the first.

The new one isn’t what you are describing. Not at the level you ascribe, at least.

E: Now that I’m not in the car replying on my phone, I can clarify a bit - there isn’t more humor here than in Predator 2, for instance. Generally speaking, there isn’t much to make light of, and the characters know it. Most humor is said from a place of fear. Some fun lines for sure, here and there, but nothing much different than the jokes Bill Paxton drops, for instance. It’s not really “fun” like an MCU film, partly because you just know most of these characters are doomed, so I’m not sure where that comparison comes from.

And when the action gets going, it’s brutal, violent, and gory. No punches are pulled, and it’s very like the first two in that regard.

I will add - if anyone ever thought any Predator film would top the original, that’s unlikely. And, as a continuation of the existing lore, I found it really interesting indeed.

Thanks for the extended write up. I appreciate the alternative viewpoint and that doesn’t sound as bad as I’ve been reading and hearing.

I’m planning to watch the Predator next sunday. Is it worth to watch?

LOL! Right?

The issue with Predator and Alien is they aren’t scary anymore. You can’t make that same story again. They tried with the last one, where they dropped some dudes on the Predator planet. It sucked.

I maintain that this was as good as it could be. I laughed a lot, I said Oh Shit! more than once, and the actors were action movie good, even Key. Or was that Peele? Anyway he was good with his Murdock-like buddy.

Agree, though these fims with the exception of the first Alien movie, were always more an action movie than horror/slasher to me.

The family and I saw it this morning - I think it’s a lot of fun and does several things good, a few things perfectly, and some things were mishandled. I have a few problems with the main story, the more I think about it the sillier it is, but I overall enjoyed the movie enough I’m glad I saw it in theaters and didn’t just watch it in my living room. It’s better approached as a sci-fi action film than a horror/monster movie, but I’ve felt that way about all of the Predator films.

All we really needed was a Predator film in the vein of the first two - a powerful, advanced alien hunting a group of highly trained human killers, but the twist this movie could have been a female lead. I’d have thought that would be a no-brainer, something along those lines. I do like they tried to evolve the story/lore of the Predators though, a little.

This movie is starting to get some dire cred!

I always like a female lead. My thought is though: Why do we remake old movies that are great? So lets just remake “To kill a mockingbird”. I know its about money but… Predator was just good. I mean the stars in that film. I just watched that Oceans 8 remake --god I love Sandra and cate but that movie was crap.

money

It was also in the

It was also in the 80s. It’s old. A knew movie can introduce new fans to an old idea. I mean some people are still unhappy with with the Beauty and Beast Live Action which is basically the animated movie except for 6, y and 9 year olds… that’s their Beauty and the Beast. To some kids, their Willy Wonka is Johnny Depp and a weirdo Disco munchkin.

It’s not always a play t nostalgia which is why some of our movies get a lower rating to actually cater to kids.

What if Predator was in Oceans 8?

I dunno guys. Maybe I should adjust for this new age and ask: “So how is the new Predator?” Maybe its super good.

My thought is it can’t be better than the original. Have we actually had a remake in the last 5 years better than an original?

It, maybe?

It’s not as good as the original. It’s probably the 3rd best of the 6 movies with Predator in it. 4th best if we’re counting Alien vs Predator vs Batman.

Man that was interesting. I will have to watch the full 3 hour version of that interview, Steve Johnson is awesome.

My spies finished collecting feedback about this movie*

The feedback is “this movie is so bad, you wonder if it was made in the 80’s”.

I don’t know if thats positive or negative.

* I have not watched it, I am only reporting on what this spy report says.

This doesn’t make sense, given Predator, one of the finest films ever made, was from the 80’s.