Predator reboot to be written/direcred by Shane Black

The only way you cover for a friend trying to hook up with a 14-year old is if your friend is also a 14-year old. WTF.

Variety saw it at the TFF.

For an entry that can’t take itself seriously for a minute (excluding the inevitable mawkish half-minute of affirming “it’s about family”), this one doesn’t actually seem to have a humorous angle on its source material. Like everything else here, it tosses out its dumb yucks and rare good Iines with pummeling haste audiences don’t have time to groan before the next explosion or stunt fall or CGI effect usurps their place. It’s an exhaustingly energetic mess in which a coherent plot and credible characters aren’t even on the cluttered menu. When general audiences queue up for the onslaught (the film opens a week after its Toronto Film Festival premiere), they may well resent being so crassly pandered to. Then again, they may lap it up.

Which is precisely why I’m okay with them trying to tell new stories.

Sometimes there is only one story to tell or movie like say Jaws…and Predator. Hollywood just can’t stop itself from beating that dead horse

Well I suppose they could have done the origin of Predator, you know screw it over like they did with Alien, or go back in time or forward since they’ve been hunting for awhile. I mean it’s a cool alien… lots they could have done rather than rehash with a few cliche characters and some brainiac kid with Autism. Sounds like this approach wasn’t great. That’s too bad. Anymore cool alien franchises left to ruin?

They could do a remake of The Blob.

Oh! Oh! They should do Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! As a prequel tie in where the Blob is a big mass of tomato sauce!

I’m pretty sure I’m kidding. Probably. After Sharknado, I’ve kinda lost track of where the line is.

Hollywood doesn’t really do a bunch of hard-ass characters in anything, do they? It has to be a diverse mix of cliches now.

Time for that Critters reboot.

I agree. I’m fuzzy on the details, but I remember Danny Glover’s character in Predator 2 discovering trophies from the Old West.

I’d love to see the Predator in an Old West period, where someone takes him on and actually manages to beat the alien.

It couldn’t be worse than Cowboys and Aliens right… I mean this time the aliens would actually be worthwhile.

The people I know here who saw it at the premiere didn’t have anything good to say about it, other than Olivia Munn is charming in person.

That said, all may not be lost - not really the type of movie they’d be into generally anyway.

One of the predators even tosses him a flintlock pistol that had a date engraved on it IIRC. From late 1700s some time, as I recall.

Predator - El Diablo would be the title for the old west one. Your’e welcome Hollywood.

An ex union soldier tired of war retires to Arizona and gets caught up in the local legend.

We’ve crowd sourced the next movie.

I would watch the hell out of that.

This sounds awesome. Where do I sign up? How much money do you need, and do early adapters get a a piece of the profit.

Also, there is a pyramid in the movies we don’t really talk about. If they came for mankind then and returned, that would suggest even our ancient ancestors put up a fight worth coming back for… that would be fun to watch too.

Early investors totally get a share of the profits.

Other characters and we will need diversity:
Escaped slave(s)
Love interest - hispanic actress
Chinese 49er gold miners - got to appeal to the Asian market
and of course the native American tracker character

This movie is literally writing itself.

Predator 2 is amazing. It’s an excellent and worthy sequel with a slightly different tone, but a whopper of an ending. Don’t forget the trophy head in the predators’ ship!

Hmmm. Not sure that’s the tone I’m looking for in a Predator movie.

MCU humour, really?

The very last scene is “What’s this shit?” Well there was very little chance I was going to see this in theater but now… I am only going if I am dragged by someone I like enough to allow the dragging.

I don’t like to read review for anything before I get to experience it myself and form my own opinions, to easy for someone else’s issue to color your own experiences. I’ll check out reviews after I see it.