Premier League

I think he’s jumped. I’m no chelsea fan but I don’t think he was too happy having Shevchenko and Ballack foisted on him.

It will be interesting to see if he turns up at Real Madrid when they inevitably next sack the current manager, but I’d suspect not because he wont have control over the players that come in there either.

Maybe he’ll go coach Real Salt Lake.

— Alan

His name’s Mourinho, not Beckham ;)

I was wondering if it might happen, but I had it at the end of this season, regardless of results. Certainly since the beginning of last season I’ve thought that Mourinho and Abramovich have had different ideas about how the team should be going.

The thought of a Moruinho/Ayesteran partnership at the mancs if Fergie decides to go isn’t something I want to contemplate too much.

It’s a perfect out for Spurs though.

Forgot about them, could be interesting if it happens

Nah, I tend to agree (Fulham Tied!). Who the hell are Chelsea going to have as a manager? Is Abramavich going to pull a Jerry Jones?

BTW: Derby beat Newcastle? WTgoddamnF?

my future Brother in law is a fanatical Derby supporter, I’ve not seen him since the Liverpool game which means I haven’t had to be diplomatic. That said I’d like to see Derby survive and it’s always entertaining to see newcastle get beat.

I think the best manager they could have had would have been Sven who would have swooned at having Shevchenko and Ballack thrown at him.

It will be interesting to see who turns up.

I just hope that Mourinho becomes our national coach so that we finally get rid of the retarded Brazilian and finally win something. So much wasted talent ;_;

Is this some real sport or are you guys talking about some fantasy sport like Speedball with jetpacks?

Eh, so there aren’t any other recent soccer threads… plus I know there are some fans of the old San Jose Earthquake, but I didn’t know that San Jose is getting a MLS team back for 2008, and now it looks like Seattle will get one for 2009. Yay!

— Alan

Yep, we’ll see how long they last this time. Anyone want to bet on what city they will eventually move to?

Oakland?

— Alan

Heh. Where are they going to play at in Seattle?

Just saw the Chelsea-Fulham match: Chelsea really look lost, and Shevchenko…probably shouldn’t be playing. Lots of booing at the end of the match (a draw, at Stamford Bridge).

Man City all the way baby!!

Wow, who’s this Elano guy? Seems to be worth the money.

Haven’t seen where they will play in Seattle, I don’t think it’s been officially announced yet (though apparently they will use the Sounders title, which is confusing since there’s already the successful USL team there with the same name).

Next stop for Chelsea… Valencia. Oh boy.

— Alan

People with connections are leaking that its going to be in seattle but its not sure yet. In other news anybody see/listen to the spurs v aston villa game. Spurs go up on their special 125 year anniversary only to get scored on 3 times before the half. then they get scored on again. Chimboda scores in 69th for spurs. Its the 80th minute and decided to turn in off cursing and screeming at jol all the time. I come back and see that spurs scored twice in 10 minutes to tie it.

Never leave before the final whistle.

Dear Fulham:

Goddamnit, when you have Derby at home, you’ve got to win. None of this eking out a draw shit. You ain’t going to get that many points this season, and I don’t want to have to pick a new Premiership team.

BC

PS: ManU look scary now that they’ve figured out how to score.

…and Jol is out at Spurs:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7063013.stm