President Trump Optimism thread

How about Chex Mix instead?

America is a turducken?

I would support a Chex Mix America, although all those carbs…

Dietary appropriate for America then.

Those are Freedom Carbs.

Evidently we were all wrong. America is a box of Screaming Yellow Zonkers.

So I guess with the ejection of Muslims from America, one could argue that Donald Trump tried to toss America’s salad.

If America is a food, it’s a box of those Harry Potter jellybeans, where all the vomit and earthworm flavored ones got together and elected Donald Trump.

I kind of want to post this to my Facebook. It certainly made me chuckle.

Feel free! I plagerise you guys all the time on FB and take credit for it :)

That’s a shame. Melting pot is a grander ideal, I think. My family certainly took it to heart; Puerto Rican to start, but let’s see … I’ve got an aunt who is Filipino, a couple uncles who are black, an uncle who is Mexican, a brother in law who is Iraqi-Israeli, my wife who is white, and more - and plenty of kids from those unions.

Most of them did vote for Hillary. There are crosstabs in there that allow you to look at how answers to each question break down by Trump or Clinton supporter in November. For example: 83% of those who support impeaching Trump voted for Clinton, and 93% of those who oppose impeaching Trump voted for Trump.

What we’re looking at so far in terms of strong anti-Trump poll numbers isn’t Trump supporters turning against him.(yet.) It’s Trump opponents from November almost uniformly refusing to grant him a honeymoon.

This lack of a honeymoon is itself remarkable, though. Normally every new President gets one. Even W got a bit of honeymoon, hanging chads in Florida and all.

If you’ve got Mike Flynn stock, it may not be doing so well.

Administration appears to be separating itself from him.

No, no, it’s a bag of Cheetos, but, like, the new kind, with all the different shapes and colors, right? But Trump just wants it to go back to the original Cheetos, when the whole bag was just great Cheeto-y greatness!

I can no longer distinguish between general politics threads in here, so I’m just going to put this here:

Pretty much what this guy says.

Great piece.

Freedom from trade unions and collective bargaining means the freedom to suppress wages. Freedom from regulation means the freedom to poison rivers, endanger workers, charge iniquitous rates of interest and design exotic financial instruments. Freedom from tax means freedom from the distribution of wealth that lifts people out of poverty.

I am totally befuddled why the electorate as whole completely buys into it (look at the almost complete control the GOP has in this country; that’s not all because of gerrymandering.)

Because, sadly, voters are idiots.

I was taught the analogy of the salad and melting pot when I first came to this country back in 1991. I actually like the salad better, because you keep individual cultural identities while still contributing to the whole. But I like where you’re coming from. You’re almost talking about the melting pot because of all the different cultures marrying each other. I have to admit the melting pot does seem like the more apt fit in that situation.

This. So much this.

This was made so very obvious by the recent PPP poll.

“from Public Policy Polling, 51 percent of Trump voters say the so-called Bowling Green massacre showed why the president’s immigration policy is needed.”

Only 2% of Clinton voters believed that and 3-5% of Johnson and Stein voters did.

Conway knew what she was doing when she said that. Trump voters will believe anything she says.