President Trump Optimism thread

Maybe some Americans really have been terrified of Muslin Curtains all along.

You know about those Muslins… they pray to Satin.

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/832343892431364097

The optimism being that maybe people are realizing they screwed up – and the groups that think This Is Fine™ (click through for breakdowns) are dying off.

The most remarkable thing about that poll is how low the “Don’t Know” group is.

This belongs on the old SNL skit about Violins on television.

Yeah. It’s incredibly polarised.

Fun fact:
Obama had blue curtains in the oval office, and Trump replaced them with gold ones.

Totally serious.

I love how the title of the article presumes that only “liberals” could possibly have an issue with Trump.

Did you look at it? You should…

Hah, no, I was triggered by the headline. (I read it now though :)).

It’s a better article than I expected. I might have to try that someday.

Fun times in the White House.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320008-wh-dismisses-six-staffers-for-not-passing-background-checks-report

One of the dismissed staffers includes Caroline Wiles, director of scheduling, the daughter of President Trump’s Florida campaign manager. She will instead get a job at the Treasury Department, sources told Politico.

Y’know, if Trump actually does get impeached or 25th’d, he’ll be a martyr for the Deplorables in perpetuity.

Trump supporters already have martyrs, each and everyone of them in their mind has suffered something horrific at the hands of the media or our democracy… which is why they want o see it burn.

The Trump supporters are old and are gonna die.

Hell, some of Trump’s policies are gonna make them die even faster. I guess that’s optimism.

So why did so many citizens elect a president of the United States who unabashedly—even proudly—violated those expectations?

Some claim that they voted for reasons in spite of such personal behavior. But in listening to the partisans’ spirited enthusiasm, it is impossible to escape the realization that for many, it was because of such behavior.

This is a startling change. We now know about crude behavior on the part of past presidents, including Lyndon Johnson, John F. Kennedy, and others, going back in time, as history keeps being unearthed. But these transgressions were not widely known by the public in their respective times.

Nevertheless, in spite of the glamorization of outlaws and gangsters, people do not naturally think that their leaders should violate the standards to which they subscribe. We still pay obeisance to virtue. What has happened is that the virtues have been redefined.

Yesterday Trump talk was something else. I suggest for people that have not watched it to find it online. Is amazing. Un… unbelievable.

I know, he really took it to the demwits and libtards. god bless u trump

I actually saw this response on Facebook from friends of friends.

Ignorance really is bliss. If you can look at that complete clusterfuck and think “things are awesome,” I’m somewhat jealous. My ex used to get furious when I’d say “Ignorance is bliss” about things. Now she’s firmly in that camp and happy as a clam. So I guess I won that battle in the end.