President Trump Optimism thread

I’d rather see Trump stay around so things don’t get done, than have Pence do damage quietly.

I’d actually ask any Dems I know to oppose impeachment for that reason. Make the Republicans do it.

But this supposes he stays around 4 years and then quietly goes, and there is no significant terrorist attack in the meantime to trigger WW3.

I wish I could be sanguine about the likelihood of that…

I was musing about this today. Will Dems run in 2018 on an Impeach Trump platform, or simply an Oppose Trump platform? If things stay as chaotic as they are, perhaps Trump in the White House is a better option, and a better platform to run against, than a successful Pence.

It should be a stop Trump platform, that spends the next two years passing populist bills in the House and investigating the hell out of him so nothing gets done and his name becomes dirt.

While you lot discuss the right line to take for 2018, Trump has started his 2020 campaign trail.

Video timestamped to relevant clip.

hashtagdailygodwin

No. Fucking stop it. This was the same stupid fucking logic that had liberals hoping he would win the nomination.

Trump is a danger to our Democracy and the world. Partisan politics be damned – He needs to go as soon s humanly possible.

I consider the danger to be more the majority of Republicans in general than Trump- I see Trump as the symptom, not the disease

Dallas Morning News: first casualties of Trump’s trade war bluster will be cattle ranchers in Texas and the midwest, along with grain farmers and auto workers in Michigan.

Small price to pay, I suppose, for making America Great Again.

No one thinks cowboys are Real Americans anyway.

Yep, if Trump ever does get his trade wars started, a whole bunch of rural areas are gonna get clobbered when their export markets dry up. (For example: 65% of Wisconsin’s soybean crop is exported, with a bunch going to Japan.)

The emphasis has been heavy, heavy on manufacturer. I don’t think any consideration was given to what we actually export today. Remember when Japan stopped imports on American beef due to mad-cow? That wasn’t minor either.

Though, to be fair, those rural areas don’t have many farmers any more. Just giant corporations that own the farms, and pay locals to do the farming part. The family farm is a dying breed.

I’m going to put this here, because of course this means we’ll finally find out about aliens. That’s optimistic.

One day we’ll look back at this period of time and be like, “Do you remember when our parents struggled to use the internet and believed a load of crazy conspiracy theorists because they couldn’t tell factual news sources from fiction?”

Alternately, we’ll say, “Do you remember when the lizard lords didn’t come for one of us every night? Our parents were so lucky before The Great Reckoning.”

Seriously though. My mum sent me an email saying she wouldn’t use the wireless mouse that came with her new computer because she’d ‘read somewhere that hackers could take control of it’.