President Trump Optimism thread

Ten bucks says Trump picked him solely because McMaster sounds like the name of an 80’s action character played by Schwarzenegger or Bruce Willis.

He was already doing the job once Flynn left, so Trump probably just said “well, keep doing it.”

Kellogg was doing the job once Flynn left, and is now going back to being the NSC Chief of Staff

You are correct, my mistake.

Watching the Turtle get yelled at in a town hall is rather reassuring.

Same goes for Chuck, who will be in town here in a couple days.

Did Mitch call them a leftist agitator?

Fox News reporting on Fake News

I don’t know, man, maybe this is photoshopped.

Here’s the original:

We’ll do it live! FUCK IT!

Haha, somehow that’s become the motto for my IT department. “We still don’t have business approval to install this.” “FUCK IT, WE’LL DO IT LIVE!”

I could say a lot of nasty things about Chris Christie, but I will give this: at least he is not stupid enough to join the Trump Administration. Apparently Donnie asked him to be Secretary of Labor after Puzder’s nom fell apart but Christie turned him down flat. Never mind that appointing an under-investigation pariah like Christie would probably lead to the same result as Puzder - that’s just how Trump rolls.

Trump, as he has throughout his public and private career, goes on gut and instinct, his first impression in a meeting, and often whether the person has been loyal to him, several people familiar with his conversations and thinking say.

“He is very intuitive,” said Louise Sunshine, a longtime executive in the Trump Organization. “He looks for people who are smart and loyal and strong, and is very intuitive about it.”

Trump can plan to pick one person one minute and change his mind the next. He can think of a name and immediately tell advisers he wants that person for a particular job. There is no discernible rhyme or reason or formal vetting process to many of his hires, allies and aides say, with no formal questionnaires or protocols — and several Cabinet appointees’ confirmation struggles brought the downsides of such an approach into stark relief. He cares, above all, about appearance, loyalty and strength — a word he often uses.

While Trump continues to obsess over the least popular man in the tri-state area, apparently he’s completely frozen Tillerson out as part of Trump’s ongoing vendetta against the State Department. Hmmm … a skeptic might say that convincing the influential CEO of one of the world’s largest corporations to leave his job and take on what is the second highest-profile Executive branch job, only to then treat him like shit and give him nothing to do is guaranteed to backfire on Trump & co. when Tillerson realizes he’s been punked.

But clearly I just don’t understand Trump’s very intuitive management style.

Note the name McMaster underlined in pen.
Wars fought: War on Terror

I think Brain-Computer Interfaces are going to be that thing for most of us. As soon as it transitions from novelty to everyday interface for “the kids” there will be all sorts of hand-wringing in the older generations about hacking your brain.

It really has gotten impossible to tell a subtle fake from reality. Sad!

I just read a really awesome trilogy of novels with that more or less as the premise. Highly recommended.

Snort.

Damn, what’s a Nazi gotta do to catch a break around here, anyway? :(

I’ll give him a break… in his face!

58% of Americans are embarrassed to have Donald Trump as President.

Not “disapprove” - embarrassed.

Count me in on that.

Here is some Optimism about our citizens!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/02/22/this-is-not-trumps-america-passengers-rejoice-when-man-accused-of-racism-kicked-off-flight/?utm_term=.8816916752ae

Cellphone footage of the incident shows the man saying that all the
“illegals” should be kicked off the plane, moments before the man and
woman were asked to collect their belongings and exit the aircraft. “I didn’t say anything,” the man protested, shrugging. “Happy
flight home,” he added seconds later while his female companion held
her middle finger up to the person filming. “I hope you stay there.” “Get out of here,” a woman responded. “Racists aren’t welcome in America! This is not Trump’s America!”

“Goooodbyeee raaacists!” the woman added.

<3